Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Elf Antics Day 15 - Elves Daisy & Holly looking at kitchen remodel deisgns

I'm unable to post to the Elf Antics linky due to my security program blocking it but will continue to post to my blog & hope that you stop by.

Day 15 - My Elves, Daisy & Holly (right to left) are looking at kitchen remodel designs. 

Hubby & I have had several companies show us remodel designs and cost and they wanted so much more money than was in our budget and was not willing to let us do some of the work ourselves to save money. 

Well, Mark drew plans using a software program he has and we went to talk to Home Depot. Home Depot listened to what we wanted and will work with us to save cost. We have wanted this remodel for quite some time. Currently we have the original laminate countertop & wood cabinets that hubby repainted the brown with white paint. All appliances are black. We are keeping the original dishwasher until later when we will order a new but most are so far out there available wise. We are changing the sink to a black workstation sink and black touchless faucet (which is also called a farm sink and we have ordered & received both items). We are changing the electric cooktop to a gas cooktop (we have gas to the house & will have a gas line installed thru attic, gas cooktop also uses a 115 electrical outlet whereas an electric cooktop uses a 220 outlet, ordered & received). We are moving the double oven to opposite wall so we gain more counterspace near cooktop. The microwave will go in a cabinet above where the double oven was. The refrigerator will move slightly to left and where the refrig was there will be a shorter peninsula cabinet area to put the Keurig coffee maker on. We have chosen KraftMaid (US made) cabinets in a light green color and will go all the way to ceiling whereas now the area above the cabinets is wasted space. We first chose a laminate countertop but did not want a black seam showing show so we chose Corian countertop which is a solid surface and no seam in a light color (we have templates for new: sink & cooktop and will have the part that is cut edges shaped and use as trivet but not for hot dishes since you cannot set hot dishes on Corian). Mark will do the install of: backsplash, wainscotting, wallpaper & floor.

We are having a cabinet garbage/recycle bin added to right of sink. We are having an appliance lift & workstation added to right of cooktop where my Kitchen Aid mixer will go. We are having an EZ Reach cabinet added to left of where double oven will be moved to and it will have a Lazy Susan below.

Home Depot drew up plans and person came out twice first to take initial measurements and just this week to do site inspection to make sure all measurements were correct per plans. Next week we will pay & order cabinets and in 2022 we will have a new kitchen.

If you got this far I Hope I've not bored you. 

Diana Larson is hosting the Elf Antics. 









 

The Close To My Heart CTMH Nov - Dec catalog and Core Sept 2021 - Aug 2022 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.


My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com


Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 Entering in: 

DLART Elf Antics 2021 Day 15  15/24  12/24

unable to post to site


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DLART Dec 2021 Ch  12/31  

 unable to post to site  

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Good for you! Those look like fabulous plans. My hubby is absolutely a "do it yourselfer", which often makes me an impatient waiter, since he always has multiple projects in the works. Daisy and Holly look like they approve and might get to see a new kitchen by this time next year. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You must be thrilled about these plans! They look beautiful! Daisy and Holly look happy about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so exciting. I got a new stove and floor this past summer and was so happy. Please post updates. Did Daisy and Holly have suggestions on the layout?

    ReplyDelete