Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2021

What's Happening Thurs 7/29 - How to Make a Floating Shadow Box Card

Welcome to What's Happening Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant/Maker, and I want to share what's happening on Thursday.


Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I use. Please let me know if you found this helpful. If you know of any corrections that need to be made please let me know.

What's Happening Thurs 7/29:


1. Want to learn to make a fun interactive card called a Floating Shadow Box Card?

 



 

When you move the sides in & out the DragonFly inside

is hovering over the flowers.

 

Supplies needed

2 @ 10" x 6" solid color cardstock for base 

  (I used CTMH Blue Belle)

2 @ 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" pattern cardstock (I used CTMH Lovely)

4 @ 5 3/4" x 3/4"" cardstock for panels layer 1

die to cut out center front (in my case CTMH Stitched Bracket)

stamp for images & sentiment 

 (I used Cute As A Bug stamp/die - DragonFly, sentiment)

ink for stamped images & sentiment 

  (I used VersaFine Onyx Black)

optional - markers to color images

adhesive, optional - foam adhesive

acetate 3/4" x 3 1/2" (trimmed after attached) for strip to 

  put floating image on (in my case the DragonFly)

optional - die for sentiment tag 

  (in my case a CTMH Stitched Bracket)

optional - embossing powder 

  (I used clear embossing powder DragonFly)

 

Directions:

Score the 2 @ 10" x 6" cardstock at 1", 2", 8" & 9"


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Crease  & burnish the score lines

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attach the center pieces & panel pieces



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Decorate the center of back piece.  Attach the image to acetate piece and attach to side (in my case left side).  Trim off excess acetate. Die cut the front center.

 


 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Decorate the front. Attach left & right sides.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 









 

 

 

 

 

 

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would like to see your creations so please provide link in comment.

 

2. Close To my Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog available

  CTMH new items in Clearance

here is the Clearance link:

https://sunshinehoneybee.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=159

   

3. Bitten By The Bug 2

 Recycle Challenge 7/19 - 25, enter here .

  


The Close To My Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog and new Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set/die set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.


My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com

 

Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 

 

Entering in:

CHNC Jul Pattern Ch  7/31   

Simon Wed Ch Anything Goes  1/5  8/3

Stay Crafty Hero Arts Ch25 Interactive  8/5 

  Interactive - Shadow Box Card

 

No comments:

Post a Comment