Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2021

What's Happening Thurs 7/22 - Floating Shadowbox Card - CTMH Clearance -

Welcome to What's Happening Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant/Maker, and I want to share what's happening on Thursday.


Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I use. Please let me know if you found this helpful. If you know of any corrections that need to be made please let me know.

What's Happening Thurs 7/22:


1. Want to learn to make a fun interactive card called a Floating Shadowbox Card?

 


 

When you move the sides in & out the Bee is bzzz hovering

over the flower.

 

Will list supplies and then next Thurs 7/29 I'll provide step by step directions on how to make.

Supplies needed

2 @ 10" x 6" solid color cardstock for base (I used white)

2 @ 5 3/4" sq pattern cardstock (I used CTMH Honeycomb

  design from Party Girl paper pk)

optional - 4 @ 5 7/8" x 7/8" cardstock for panels layer 1

  (I used a solid color CTMH Lagoon)

4 @ 5 3/4" x 3/4" cardstock for panels layer 2

  (I used same pattern as 5 3/4" sq)

 

die to cut out center front (in my case CTMH hexagon)

stamp for images & sentiment (I used Cute As A Bug

  stamp/die) (die for images optional, if no die then 

  fussy cut out)

markers to color images (I used Copic)

adhesive, optional - foam adhesive

acetate 3/4" x 3 1/2"  for strip to put floating image on

  (in my case the Bee)

optional - die for sentiment tag (in my case a CTMH hexagon)

optional - ink for blending on edge of sentiment tag

optional - shimmer pen clear to add sparkle

  (I used CTMH clear)

optional - 5 3/4" sq acetate for center (I did not use)


2. Close To my Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog available

  CTMH new items in Clearance

here is the Clearance link:

https://sunshinehoneybee.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=159

   

3. Bitten By The Bug 2

 Recycle Challenge 7/19 - 25, enter here .

  


The Close To My Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog and new Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set/die set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.


My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com

 

Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 

 

Entering in:

CHNC Jul Pattern Ch  7/31   

Simon Mon Ch Food and/or Drink  2/5  7/25

  Food - Bee honey

Simon Wed Ch Out w/ Old In w/ New  1/5  7/27

  Old - cardstock/paper - CTMH Honeycomb from Party Girl

  New - CTMH stamp/die Cute As A Bug (first time using)

Stay Crafty Hero Arts Ch25 Interactive  8/5 

  Interactive - Shadow Box Card

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so wonderful! Love the upgrades and that paper is perfect. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete