Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2021

What's Happening Thurs 8/12 - CTMH At The Lake

Welcome to What's Happening Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant/Maker, and I want to share what's happening on Thursday.


Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I use. Please let me know if you found this helpful. If you know of any corrections that need to be made please let me know.

 

What's Happening Thurs 8/12:

 

1. Today I'm using CTMH At The Lake stamp/die set to make a card. 

I like to read and usually set a goal of 6 books a yr. I have read 3 so far: John Grisham (have been a John Grisham fan for some time) A Time For Mercy, Andrew Cartmel The Vinyl Detective Low Action (I like this paperback series, author typically puts out a book a yr but no new this yr, this one I read was last yr and daughter gave to me for Mother's Day last yr & John Grisham Camino Winds . Currently reading John Grisham Camino Island (this one precedes the Camino Winds story).


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 See the photos below for steps.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies

CTMH:  cardstock/paper - white, Seas the Day

  ink - Carolina, Toffee  stamp/die - At The Lake

ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

marker: Copic


 

2. Close To my Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog available

  CTMH new items in Clearance

here is the Clearance link:

https://sunshinehoneybee.closetomyheart.com/Retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=159

   

3. Bitten By The Bug 2

 The Great Outdoors Challenge 8/2 - 15, enter here

 

4. My daughter has adopted a cat, 1 yr old black male named Blake that she is renaming to Bartleby, short name is Bee, from shelter. She picks it up this Sat and I have been helping her get things ready. 


5. We are having some landscaping done to our front yard. We had a contractor that started on rezoning the water sprinkler system but workers got into an accident, truck was totalled, some workers ended up in hospital, have all recovered but they are unable to finish job. They did not charge us anything. Hubby finished up repairing the pipe they had cut and was stopping us from being able to use the sprinklers the way they currently were. Hired contractors to do stone mason work. They started with 1 palette of stone that we liked & complemented our house brick. One row in front of house and a circular area in front yard was done. Yesterday, noticed they were using white stone that did not match the other that is darker. Told them to stop. Got hubby and he explained to them that the white stone is not what we asked for. They told us that watering the stones down would change the color. Not. Well, they are now looking for more stone that matches what they began with before continuing. We have not paid anything because they did not ask for payment until job was done and to our liking. Why does this happen??? Anyone else out there have these issues & wonder why?



The Close To My Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog and Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set/die set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.


My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com

 

Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 

 

Entering in:

Caffeine Fueled Paper Play Aug Ch  8/31

  sponsor - CTMH

CHNC Aug Pattern  8/31

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice Lake card with the books on chair -- sorry about the stone situation - hope it all works out - communication seems to lack these days in all areas of life - JMHO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete