Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spring Joy Robin Card

Created this Spring Joy Robin Card using
photos of Robins I had pleasure of seeing
and photographing in my backyard.

Sketches are not my forte but I was pleased
with my choices of paper & since I do not sew
I used a rick rack die to cut paper for the stitched
part on right hand side of card.

You can see the 1st 2 blog posts on these Robins at:
Robin Nest Scrapbook Layout - three blue eggs in nest

Robin Beaks Open Scrapbook Layout - 3 young Robins open their beaks with eyes closed


















Inside of card:
1. young Robin eyes & beak open
2. young Robin
3. young Robin 1st to fly out of nest
4. young Robin 1st to fly out of nest

2 other young Robins stayed in nest 1 more day
and flew out next day & again I was there to see
them fly out & will post these at another time.













Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Go Fish Challenge ends 1/31

Go Fish Challenge #9





2. One Stitch At A Time Anything Goes lim 3 entries 3rd entry ends 1/21Challenge #96.. Mini Collab...Anything Goes


3. Raise the Bar Ch#87 A Banner of a New Year ends 1/18
Challenge #87


Paper:
5" x 7" Base white cardstock
cardstock - red
core'dinations: white texture & VC KIsses (red)
Melody Ross designer collections artsy URBAN

adhesive: foam, Scotch ATG & Zig 2 way Glue Pen
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Sizzix:: Photo Corners Die & Rick Rack Die Sizzlits Decorative Strip
studio g clear stamp - title - spring joy

10 comments:

  1. Melissa, your card turned out awesome! How cool is that to include pics of robins in your back yard. Love that idea:) Your card sketch is AWESOME!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you used the pennant punch in this one. I think mine is still in it's wrapper! And VERY cool that you put a photo you took on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo card you made with the sketch! I bet the recipient will love seeing those photos of your baby robins! Thanks for joining in the fun at Go Fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you using the sketch. I like that pennant look...I love pennants and banners. I know you and I have talked about our battles with sewing machines...maybe if you were interested in doing some sewing on a card you could do something like the Sew Easy and do some hand stitching. You'd be good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the LO both of them looks great. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch!! I really like the pennants and your picture of the robin! Thanks for playing at Go Fish challenge :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! This reminds me of a nest we had at our other home. Every Spring robins would come and nest, and the kids and I would track their progress. I love it! Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how beautiful!! The pictures are so awesome, Melissa and I love the papers!! So gorgeous :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely project.

    thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT One Stitch At A Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time!

    ReplyDelete