Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year 2012 Card

Created this Happy New Year 2012 Card
using Celebrate with Flourish Cricut cartridge.
Used colors, black & white with a touch of red,
that I do not normally use so by doing so I stepped
out of my comfort zone.

I tried cutting the words Happy New Year but the
letters kept tearing/splitting so I came up with the
calendar image as the background with a black border.


















Decorated the inside with sentiment
'time to ring in new year!' & fireworks.

Inside of card:


















Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Cardztv Cricut Ch#99 "Welcome 2012" ends 1/17

Cricut Cardz Challenge #99

We're back and so ready to go with Challenge #99 "Welcome 2012!". Make a "Happy New Year" card using any colors and cartridge(s) you'd like.


2. Create Me Pink CMP #6 - Color Splash Challenge ends 1/24
card or proj using Black & White w/ only 1 other color Just a Splash
I used Black & White w/ splash of Red
CMP #6 - Color Splash Challenge


3. My Sheri Crafts #76 Time for A Change ends 1/20
create card/proj w/ clock represented

MY SHERI CRAFTS #76 - Time For A Change


4. Paper Cutz Challenge #120 "It's a Brand New Year!" ends 1/20
make card, LO or craft proj for new yr using any colors


5.The Paper Variety Color Challenge ends 1/13
paper proj using Black & Whit3e w/ a kiss of Color (any color) - my kiss color is Red

*New* Challenge!!


Our first January challenge is a color challenge!

That's right, black and white with a *kiss* of color! Your project should be mostly black and white; with just a "pop" of a third color.


Celebrate with Flourish Cricut Lite cartridge
New Year Clock/Hat Base 4.82" x 4.25"
New Year Clock/Hat Layer 4.02" x 4.25"
New Year Clock./Hat Base Shift 3.36" x 4.25"

Paper:
white cardstock Base 5" x 7"
black, red & white cardstock

BasicGrey clear stamps: 'time to ring in new year' & fireworks - on inside of card
Memento inks: Tuxedo Black & Rose Bud

calendar from online site:
www.calendarlabs.com

foam adhesives
Scotch ATG adhesive
Zig 2 Way Glue Pen

21 comments:

  1. Great card for the New Year! I have never seen that image/cut before- I really like it!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure like your clock cut on this card. I'm not sure I have that cartridge but I sure like that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used the calendar image for the background. A great fix. This is just a wonderful New Years card.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa this is right for another challenge I know:http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com/2011/12/cmp-6-color-splash-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I like the calendar image as the background. Clock looks fab!
    Thanks for your visits!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Dr. Sonia I went to the Create Me Pink (CMP) site and did not see a link for the challenge so I placed my entry in the comments like it indicated to if the link was not present. Became a follower of CMP & will ck back to see what happens. Also, noticed that on the post for the Dec challenge you had commented on had been removed by someone other than you so was not sure what was up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, using the calendar as the background was a great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz! p.s. your blog is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this monochromatic scheme with the pop of color! I also love that calendar background, great idea! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your card, the calender background is just too perfect, I will have to remember that and use it...maybe next year? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I love how you used the calendar for the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, Melissa!! I love the clock and hat image!! I don't have that cart but now it is on my wish list!! Thanks so much for the inspiration! And congratulations on winning the Little Scrap Pieces challenge :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really pretty card - I love the calendar background and the touch of red. I have that cartridge but haven't used it yet - you inspired me !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fantastic!! Love that you have a calendar as the bg!!! Wonderful card!!! Thank you so very much for sharing your card with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card! Love all the detail!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card! thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Card! Thank You for joining us this week @ My Sheri Crafts!

    Letillia
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever to use the calendar BG -- love your red/white/black color combo too -- thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nicely done, love that this is on a calendar, creative!! Thanks for joining
    CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful card! I'm glad you choose the calendar for the background.... it really adds to your card so nicely... Thanks for joining us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

    Theresa (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, love the clock and the calendar background!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that calendar image in the background! It really makes the hat and clock stand out! Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete