Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Flower Pot Shaped Thanks Card

Created this Flower Pot Shaped Thanks
Card using Walk in My Garden Cricut
cartridge.

Used Kraft cardstock as my base for
Flower Pot Card.

Used Tim Holtz Distress Ink to give the flower
pot a clay pot look. Stamped Thanks!
sentiment. Added twine.

Used Spellbinders dies for Rose petals &
leaves. Used TH Distress Ink on the flower
petals & leaves. Sanded the flower petals &
leaves. Curled the flower petals & leaves for
a 3D look. Added the flowers & leaves with
gems for a bedazzled flower pot.


Finished inside of card by stamping a flower
and sentiment on inside.


















Inside of card:














Entering this into the following challenge:

1. Cardztv Ch#100 "It's June in January" ends 1/31
Summer theme - flower planting time is Summer as well as Spring


2. Craft Your Days Away unlim entries 2nd entry ends 2/2
CYDA Challenge #37 ~ Distressing


3. Diana M Larson DL.ART Thankful Thursday ends 2/4
thank you card, use Kraft paper, have flower & twine on it
January 19, 2012 ****** THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENG...


4. Sentimental Sundays lim 3 entries 1st entry ends 1/27
Die Cuts no punches (plus a sentiment)
Challenge #86- Die Cuts


Walk in My Garden Cricut cartridge 4" flower pot shaped card

Paper:
core'dinations Clover Patch - green for leaves
Kraft cardstock - Base - 4.95" x 4" shaped flower pot
Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distressed cardstock - yellow for Roses

adhesives: foam & ZOTS small dots

BasicGrey clear stamps:
flower on inside (2 parts - flower & stem) &
sentiment on inside: just wanted to say THANKS

gems - 2 yellow to bedazzle flower pot
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

Spellbinders Donna Salazar Rose Creations
TPC Studio Greetings clear stamp - Thanks!
used smallest flower & leaf die of 9 die set

Tim Holtz Distress Ink:
crushed olive - leaves
tattered rose - roses
wild honey - for clay pot look

Tim Holtz Sander

twine - green & white

17 comments:

  1. I love this card! It's so adorable, and I love the way you used the twine and distress ink! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! That flower pot is too cute! I recieved a bunch of distressing inks for Christmas and I love them. I have been inking everything is sight lol. Thanks for you wonderful comment on my blog hop project , I am a new follower.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin
    thecricutscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool vase!! Great work and color.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shaped card- I love how you inked it too- it gives it so much dimension! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so busy reading your side bar and looking at all that talent I forgot why I was here! Oh yes, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog and I must case your wonderful pot! When I saw it opened up I thought "this woman is brilliant!" So it runs in the whole fam! Luv and a hug, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute shaped card. You can never have too many thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun shape card!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fab shaped card - love it!

    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I do not have the package from my Spellbinders butterfly die but it is something that I purchased around 3-4 years ago?

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shape of this card!! And you did a fabulous job with the distress ink making it look like a clay pot...it does!! Awesome card my friend!! Love it :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that card especially for someone who loves to garden! (Found you via Sentimental Sundays)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card great shape. I love the terra cotta color of the pot and very pretty flowers.
    Thanks for joining my Thankful Thursday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab shape sweetie. Thank you sharing with us at Craft Your Day's Away this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card. I had forgotten all about this cartridge. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I love the inking on the flower pot. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete