Tabs at Top of Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine Card Pegasus Theme

Created this Valentine Card using a
Pegasus theme. Awhile ago I mentioned
I was looking for a Pegasus Cricut image.
Well, I still have not found one except on
Hannah Montana Cricut cartidge which I
do not have. The next best thing or should
I say the best of things is the Pegasus image
I'm using here which my daughter sketched
for me this past weekend & emailed to me.

Printed Pegasus on white cardstock & cut it

out.

I used the Rock Princess Cricut cartridge
for the shiny silver glitter wings. Used my
Gypsy and hid the left wing & cut two right
wings 8" x 5". Cut a slit in the Pegasus and
used foam to give the to wings a 3D look. Used
white glitter on the Pegasus. Beware of the
green color that
happens when using white
glitter on black.


Used Sky paper & embossed with Script
embossing folder. Thought about using a
Valentine heart or musical notes embossing
folder but wanted the Pegasus & my hand
written words to be the focal point so Script

came to mind.

Used a Spellbinders tag die, pink/white
ribbon & pink glitter hearts.

Hand calligraphy of "Yesterday" one of my
fav Beatles songs.


















Closeup of Pegasus:













Closeup of Script embossing:













Inside hand calligraphy sentiment words
You were my Valentine
"Yesterday"
Bee my Valentine
Today & Tomorrow
Always!

Love,
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"













Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Craft Spot by Kimberly ends 2/6
Monday Challenge - Anything goes!


2. Exploring Cricut
1 ribbon - white ribbon
2 Cricut cuts - 2 wings (they are cut individually)
3. 3 brads, jewels, buttons - hearts added to ribbon

New Challenge Monday!!!!

The challenge is called "Cricut 123 Choice". You can create a card, layout, or papercraft using at least 1 ribbon, 2 cricut cuts, and 3 brads, jewels, buttons. Any theme or colors are allowed.


3. Getting Cricky Simply Sun Ch Fantasyland unlim entries 1st entry ends 2/12

Simply Sunday Challenge - Fantasy Land!


4. Hooked on Craft Challenges Ch#16 "Something Bright"
unlim entries 7th entry ends 2/4
my something bright
- is the silver glitter paper wings
Challenge 16


5. One Stitch At A Time Ch#98 'Use a Digi' lim 3 non-image 1st entry ends 2/4
my Digi is the Pegasus sketched by my daughter


6. Paper Playtime Anything Goes unlim entries 1st entry ends 2/4

Ch# 66 - ANYTHING GOES & BLOG HOP!


7. Raise the Bar Ch#89 Pink, Silver, Ribbon & Tag ends 2/2

Challenge #89


8. Scrappy Moms-Stamps Terrific Tuesday Ch Rock Princess ends 1/30


9. Sentimental Sundays Ch#87 Dry Embossing & sentiment ends 2/4


10. StampInSistersInChrist unlim entries 2nd entry ends 2/4
create card/proj true to your style - show us who you really are!
Challenge #124 – Ph. 4:8


11. The Stamp Man 'Embellish It' Ch ends 2/9
using a Digi Pegasus stamp

The Stamp Man 'Embellish It' Challenge


12. Victorine Stamps unlim entries 8th entry ends 2/4
Victorine Originals-Anything Goes Challenge


*** Pegasus Artist ***
**** my daughter ****

My daughter's comment when I emailed her what I had done with her Pegasus sketch:
"Nice. It looks a lot better than my simple drawing. I like how the wings are 3d while the rest is still 2d."


Rock Princess Cricut cartridge & Gypsy
page 75 8" x 5"
hid left wing and cut two right wings

Paper:
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Base white cardstock
5 1/4" x 8 1/4" Sonnets Sky paper
4 3/4" x 8" pink cardstock
the Paper Studio Solid Glitter cardstock - pink & silver
5 1/4" x 8 1/4" clear vellum

adhesives:
foam, Recollections red adhesive double-sided tape,
Scotch ATG, Zig 2 way glue pen & Zots small dots

American Crafts Glitter Gel Pen - silver - hand calligraphy of "Yesterday" sentiment
Cuttlebug Script embossing folder
glitter - white

heart embellishing -
not recalling how I made these, had them in a Ziploc plastic bag with my Valentine items

Sanford calligraphy marker - pink - hand calligraphy on inside sentiment words
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two die
the Ribbon Boutique pink & white stitched grosgrain ribbon

31 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the script embossing you used!! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty- love the embossed background- adds to the whole fantasy theme! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Melissa! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky With K Andrew!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! TYFS with us at Getting Cricky!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat idea Melissa. Your embellishments complement the theme so well. Your daughter did a great job drawing Pegasus. Thanks for sharing it with us on the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    Www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Melissa, this is FABULOUS!! Your daughter did an amazing job with Pegasus!! The wings are so gorgeous, the embossing is wonderful...I love everything about this!! Awesome, awesome card!! Thanks so much for linking up with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the embossing background. Thanks for joining sentimental sundays challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Melissa and so glad you enter our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, This is just fabulous!! Oh, I just love the wings. And the embossing is beautiful.
    So glad you joined the Simply Sunday challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Charlotte
    GC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the inside sentiment and whole card! Your daughter is very talented also-what a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, your card is truly amazing and beautiful. I would also like to let you know that you are the winner of Blogaversary/500 Giveaway. Please email me your mailing address so I can mail out your prize this weekend. My email is creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You daughter did a great job drawing this out. I have the Hannah Cartridge, email me if you want me to cut one for you and send it out to you.
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!! This is fantastic!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow How Awesome Love the Pegasus and the way you have embossed paper. it is very cool.
    thanks for sharing your Beautiful work.
    Anita Getting Cricky Jr.Dt. Member
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! Thanks for visiting our blog! We are your newest followers! Most Sincerely... Cricut Couple

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super job on the horse and the wings look great. Very nice card congrats on your win over at Patty's.


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, how cool! your daughter should open up her own digi line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME job with your card Melissa!Have a SUPER day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job...I love it when we can work with our kids on projects. I love the embossing. So creative. Thanks for the link to my bow maker I hope you enjoy it! TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Love the Pegasus. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My daughter's email comment when I emailed her what I had done with her Pegasus sketch:
    "Nice. It looks a lot better than my simple drawing. I like how the wings are 3d while the rest is still 2d."

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely use of the colors and such a sweet use of your daughter's drawing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your daughter and you did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Melissa - another gorgeous card from you - your daughter is a very talented artist! I love the added texture and embossing - Loving your style! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we always love to see your gorgeous creations! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic card and your daughter did a fab job on the Pegasus! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card. Thanks for joining in with our Use a digi challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful. Your daughter did a great job drawing it.

    Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card. Your daughter did a great job with the horse. Thank you for playing along with at Getting Cricky Simply Sunday challenge.

    Veronica Getting Cricky JrDT
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! Thanks for joining our Simply Sunday challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete