Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentine MailBox Decor

Created this Valentine MailBox decoration
for decoration at home or a party or or for
party favor or for giving Valentine treats to
friends in. Can be for adults as well as
children.

Used Love Struck 2010 Seasonal Cricut
cartridge. Cut the MailBox & Flag at 11"
which makes the MailBox have 2" x 4 1/2"
side panels & it's 2 3/4" to the curved top.

Used red double sided adhesive to hold the
MailBox together 1/8" wide which is perfect
for the size.

Decorated sides with paper that I embossed and

hearts punched from glitter paper that I embossed.
Can be used as a decoration for home or adult or
child party or a container to place
Valentine treats
inside of and you cannot go wrong with Hersey's
Kisses.

MailBox with front opened:













MailBox with front closed:















Closeup of embossed panel:













Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Crafty Creations Ch#154 Anything But a Card Valentines for Kids ends 1/30

Challenge # 154 Anything but a Card

This week we are carrying the Valentine theme a little further but making it a bit more challlenging!

ANYTHING BUT A CARD VALENTINES FOR KIDS!


2. Decorate to Celebrate Ch#17 Valentine's Day Party unlim entries 1st entry ends 2/7

Challenge #17 -- Valentine's Day Party


3. Hooked on Craft Challenges Ch#16 "Something Bright"
unlim entries 5th entry ends 2/4
my something bright
- are the red glitter hearts
Challenge 16


4. The Cuttlebug Spot Box it ends 2/6

Box it


5. Whimsical-Designs "Love Is In The Air" ends 2/8
Ch#39 love theme not lim to Valentine home decor
"Love Is In The Air" Whimsical Wednesday Challenge...


6. Victorine Stamps unlim entries 6th entry ends 2/4
Victorine Originals-Anything Goes Challenge


Love Struck 2010 Seasonal Cricut cartridge
3D MailBox 11"
side panels measure 2" x 4 1/2"
it's 2 3/4" to curved top

Paper:
red cardstock
pattern paper - DCWV the spring matstack 2" x 4 1/2"
the Paper Studio Solid Red Glitter

adhesives: foam (for hearts),
Recollections Adhesive tape red double sided tape 1/8",
Scotch ATG

Cuttlebug Decorative Hearts Folder 4 embossing folder
embossed the Red Glitter hearts on front & back panels

Fiskars scallop heart punch

Sizzix Love Set Heart w/ Flourishes embossing folder
embossed the pattern paper for side panels

27 comments:

  1. AWESOME job with your BEAUTIFUL project!I LOVE it,Have a great weekend my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa the paper and the design is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY CUTE treat mailbox! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love 3D mailboxes and you did a great job! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project! Everything so cute!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty mailbox thank you for joining us at decorate to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have this carteidge but hadnt tried the mailbox yet, yours turned out really cute thanks for the inspiration and sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that mailbox Melissa! cute project for any occasion too..
    BTW - for my card swap if I can find an extra partner that you can be in for February. Let me see if anyone replies back to me by Monday Feb. 30th I'll let you know.
    Have a super weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a marvelous treat box for Valentine's Day. I wish I had that cart to make my daughter one. I will have to find something compatible since it is so cute.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww this is sooo adorable. I love it...
    Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
    We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute! Love the heart paper! BTW you won my blog candy, send me an email telling me which K Andrew stamp set you want and your mailing address of course! miranda at nanasscrapspot dot com
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is so awesome, Melissa!! I love the mailbox cut!! Another cart to add to my wish list!! Congratulations on winning Miranda's blog candy, and thanks for linking up at Decorate to Celebrate :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic mailbox!! I need to make one for my niece. Thanks for the inspiration!! Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website http://www.linkupforpink.com
    We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

    (I also have a giveaway on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome you did a great job I have that cart. I forgot that image is on there.
    Yeah I'm gonna do it!!!

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super cute!!! The Thursday Throwback Challenge can be found here..
    http://www.creativetimeforme.com/
    Thanks for the kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Valentine Mail box! Yummy goodies inside!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Decorate to Celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the mail box and I love Hershey Kisses, wish you could buy them in England.Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love these American mailboxes!! They are sooo cute!!!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at the "Box It" Challenge at the Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Melissa:) Adorable mail box!!!Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! That 3D mailbox is so cute and cart is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet, Melissa!! :) Fabulous mailbox, and I LOVE the embossed side!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who knew that there was a mailbox on a Cricut cartridge?? this is super cute. TFS :)
    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never seen this cut before! It's adorable. :o) I love the paper you used and the embossing. The heart flag is so cute! Fantastic project. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Visiting from DTC and this is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have always wanted this cart for that mailbox! It retired out before I could get my hands on it..grr! Your came out so pretty. Thank you for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO sweet!
    Thanks for playing at the Cuttlebug Spot...hope you'll join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete