Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pixar Animation Scrapbook Layout

Created this Pixar Animation scrapbook
layout using a sketch my daughter
created for me before she headed back
to college where she is a sophomore
studying Art Animation.

Before she entered college in Fall of

2010 we saw Toy Story 3 and yes I
cried and it was so appropriate since

our daughter was heading to college.

We have seen & enjoyed all the Pixar
movies. There is a sequel to Monster Inc.
in the works. Summer this yr the animated
movie is titled Brave and is a first for an

an animated girl being the lead of the
movie.

Decided to cut the Pixar character/items
in black to look like
silhouettes from the
Best of Pixar
Cricut cartridge & allow the
sketch to be the focal point of the layout.


There are 9 Pixar characters/items. See
if you can identify them and look closely to
the far right of sketch for 9th item.



















Closeup of Sulley from Monster Inc.,
Violet from The Incredibles, and
Buzz Lightyear & Woody from Toy Story:









Closeup of Mike from Monster Inc.,
Nemo from Finding Nemo, and
Wall-e & Eve from WALL-E:









Sketch Artist:
My daughter who used black ink for sketching.

Her sketch idea was to have the Pixar characters
in a subway train with most of them reading a
book.

Closeup of sketch:









and if you have not figured out the 9th Pixar
item then look at the balloons on the background
paper and this represents the balloons from the
movie Up!

Entering this into the following challenge:

1. Craft Spot by Kimberly ends 1/30
robots, trucks, trains, sports, etc. - my Pixar characters are for boys as well as girls
Monday Challenge # 42 - Let's hear it for the boys...


2. Craft Your Passion Color Bingo ends 1/29
I interepreted the challenge to mean use at least 3 colors in a row
and I used all the Bingo colors & yell out BINGO!
Challenge 94 ~ Color Bingo
COLOR BINGO
Use any 3 colors going vertical, horizontal or diagonal.



3. Fantabulous Cricut Ch Me Mon #95 Label It ends 1/29
label other than plain circle - mine is the Film Negative Strip at top of layout

Challenge Me Monday #95

Adding a fancy label to your project is such a great way to add interest to the overall look. There are so many wonderful shapes on our Cricut cartridges that the possibilities are endless! This week, we’d like to see you add labels to your projects BUT you must use something other than a circle.


#95 – Label It!
Create a project using a label shape other than a plain circle (i.e., use a scalloped shape)


4. Hooked on Craft Challenges Ch#16 "Something Bright" unlim entries 1st entry ends 2/4
my something bright are the bright balloons on the background scrapbook paper
Challenge 16


5. More Than Favors Wacky Wed#63 Let's Get Animated! ends 1/31
Wacky Wednesday #63 - Let's get Animated!


6. Victorine Stamps unlim entries 2nd entry ends 2/4
Victorine Originals-Anything Goes Challenge


Best of Pixar Cricut cartridge
Sulley1, Mike1, Violet, Nemo, Buzz, Woody, Wall-e, Eve all cut at 2" height

Mickey & Friends Disney Cricur cartridge
Icon Border shift - Film Negative Strip image p114 used as a tag
I wanted a Movie reel but cricut search did not find one & I did not
find one in looking at my cartridges, if anyone knows of one please
let me know

Paper:
12" x 12" Base the paper Studio Birthday Balloons
8 1/4" x 8 1/4" brown textured cardstock
1 3/4" x 7" sketch on white
2" x 7 1/4" black mat
black & white cardstock

adhesive: foam, Scotch ATG & Zig 2way glue pen
calligraphy: hand calligraphy Elegant Writer Fine Point black marker
Spool O' Ribbon white ribbon

10 comments:

  1. Cute little cuts! I'm not up on the Pixar stuff but am learning it slowly as those movies are almost over on at my daughter's house. Saw a little bit of WallE yeseterday...and am familiar with Toy Story and Cars now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little cuts--they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome layout, Melissa and the sketch is so fabulous!! I love how you cut the characters out in silhouette!! Beautiful :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little shapes (I like how you did them in silloutte!!) Cool layout! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fun! Great silhouettes!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout!The silhouettes look amazing.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch, and I love the silhouettes too! What fun creations. I love that your daughter is joining in with you in the creative works.I love that all the characters have books to read too.
    thank you for coming by and seeing my card and making sure I knew I was a winner. That was really nice!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea for a project! I think I recognized most of the characters.
    Your daughter's work is fabulous! Please tell her I said so.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete