Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Pirate Ship Card

Created this Pirate Ship card for Cooking with Cricut Sailboat challenge. Some of you may know and others may not but I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. You can see a sketch my daughter did on my blog sidebar.















Entering this into the following challenge:
Cooking with Cricut

Challenge #45: Sailboat

In honor of Columbus setting sail on this date in 1492, the challenged is to incorporate a sailboat or sailboat inspired theme into a project.


Closeups:

DANGER DO NOT ENTER













Pirate ship & embossing














happy HALLOWEEN sentiment





Could have used the Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge which had a Pirate ship but no I chose to use the Disney Classics Cricut cartridge which had more detail & thinner lines on the sails. After 3 torn images I got it to work. First tried using some texture paper which I do not seem to be able to cut cleanly since the blade tears it easier.

Noticed something odd and wanted to know if anyone else had this & had noticed or not?:
My Disney Classics overlay template 3rd row 9th image is Captain Hook 1 and my overlay template has image of Figaro cat there just like is on 4th row 8th image

Disney Classics Cricut cartridge
3 1/2" speed 1, pressure 4, blade 5 Pirate ship is CptHook2 icon p50

Paper:
Base 7 1/4" x 6" white cardstock
Gray 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" embossed with Cuttelbug Skeleton Scroll embossing folder (got this embossing folder last yr for 79 cents online) trimmed 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
core'dinations Lemonade 7" x 4 7/8"

Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Fiskars 1 1/2" circle punch

Memento Tuxedo black ink
BasicGrey clear stamp DANGER DO NOT ENTER
Fiskars clear stamp Halloween Night happy HALLOWEEN

foam adhesives
Recollections Mounting Tape

9 comments:

  1. Very nice pirate card!! The ship was worth the extra effort- it is really cool! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, Melissa! Love this card. And your daughter is a very talented artist, too! Thanks for always leaving me such nice comments -- they are appreciated. Thanks for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, what a super cute card my friend. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. A unique and cool take on the sailboat theme!

    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    I am having a show and tell on my blog- you should link up!!!
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I can imagine it is hard to cut that ship with all of the fine lines. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, Melissa, I love this ship!! What an awesome image! I love the embossing and papers you used! What a great card!! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. It is so cool. Especially for Halloween(which I love). Thanks CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete