Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm a Guest Designer for Decorate to Celebrate

I'm excited that I was asked to be a Guest Designer
for Decorate to Celebrate theme:
Wedding, Bridal Shower or Engagement Party.

First time for me being a Guest Designer so I was nervous
about my projects.

1st project I made last year when my family was
attending a wedding for my husband's youngest brother's
oldest daughter in CA.


I wrapped the wedding gifts (Martha Stewart bowls & glass
measuring cup we also contributed for the wedding videographer)
in wedding wrapping paper. Wrapped them stacked in tulle and
tied with 2 ribbons (wider white satin ribbon & white ribbon
with word 'Celebrate' in purple not as wide as other ribbon).

Made the wedding car
d using dk purple & white paper, Fiskars clear stamp,
black ink, purple ribbon, a corner punch & Swiss Dots embossing folder.


















Closeup of wedding card



















2nd project I made shortly after I was asked if I wanted

to be a Guest Designer. Crocheted the doily & added beads.
The bell in photo was a wedding gift that I received when I got married.
Made the napkin ring using

Sweethearts Cricut cartridge ring 2 1/2" using core'dinations Gem Citrine
cardstock & The Paper Company Solid Glitter Silver cardstock.














Closeups:





























Entering this into the following challenge:

You Had Me At Craft
Week 12 : Made It Myself Mondays












No Bride or Groom will be left at the altar with the wonderful creations of
the Guest Designers:

Raina
Holly

Melissa
<-- this is me "Sunshine HoneyBee"



Now head on over & check out the challenge at Decorate to Celebrate:

Challenge #7: Wedding, Engagement, or Bridal Shower





15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a guest designer. Exciting for you! Way to go. Love that feminine and intricate doily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GD spot over at DTC. Great card and love the cute ring for around the napkin. Great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the glitch, Melissa!! I'm not quite sure what happened, but your pictures and link are included now... I apologize for not noticing it last night when I set the post, I'm as confused as anyone as to what happened, and I'm very, very sorry!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your project is really pretty, thank you for being one of the guest designers on decorate to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are so beautiful, Melissa! I can't believe you crocheted that gorgeous doily! I wish I had that kind of talent! It is so elegant amazing and I love the added beads! The card is so pretty and I love the napkin ring! Awesome projects :)
    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job! I love all your entries! Super elegant too!

    God Bless,
    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your napkin holder is so cute. I wish I had thought of it. Thanks so much for sharing. I still have two more kids to marry off so perhaps I will get the chance to use your idea. TFS
    I am so glad that I hopped over from Decorate to celebrate. Congrats on being a guest designer.
    http://jeanniecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being a guest designer. Great job with your card and your sweet idea with the ring,Just BEAUTIFUL!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your GD spot. I love the ladies over at Decorate to celebrate!! Your projects are so much fun!! Love the wedding ring, ring!!!

    Laurie
    serenitysrappers

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project. I love, love the napkin ring idea. Great job on all of it.
    Followed you over from DTC.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects, Melissa -- Such a treat to have you as a Guest Designer -- Hope you had LOTS of FUN!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are perfect! So special and I love the ling napkin ring holder! The invite is gorgeous! TFS CallyAnn
    Guest Designer Decorate to Celebrate!
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning! love the doily and the ring napkin rings. coming from DTC
    tina
    http:tiggersscrapplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Doily it's gorgeous, I wish I knew how to make them. I'm here from the DTC Hop, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful projects.


    http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being a guest designer at DTC. Love the doily. Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects.
    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete