Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Just wavin hello Turtle Slider Card

Had fun creating this interactive card. Used Lawn Fawn LF slide die & LF stamp/die. Mailed it to my Great Niece in FL.

I'm fond of Turtles. When out of college in FL I helped rescue Sea Turtles. When my daughter was younger we found a Turtle in our yard, we carried it & released it near creek area of neighborhood park. When driving along one day hubby & I saw a Turtle crossing the street, we pulled over, rescued it and released it near the creek out of harm's way of the street. When hubby & I enjoyed a trip to Maui Hawaii we took a bus tour and the bus driver knew an area where there would be huge Turtles, sure enough where he stopped we got to see a huge Turtle on the beach.

Today, Michaels had a 50% off  coupon and they do not do that all that often. Scored 3 (had coupon on my app & had forwarded a coupon to hubby's phone) packages of Copic markers (Grays, Earth & Sea/Sky) at 50% off; first store did not have Earth so hubby drove me to 2nd store.  Tried out the Earth Copics on the Turtle.











cardstock/paper: white
   pattern paper sand

ink: black, dylusions London Blue ink spray (for background)

Lawn Fawn: die - Slide Over, stamp/die - Critters In The Sea

machine: Sizzix BIGkick

markers: Copic - Earth - YG13, YG17

pen: Close To My Heart CTMH Shimmer Pen - 
   clear, julep, mint
  punch:  3/4" circle (for slider)

recycle: cardboard (for slider)

Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - mowed lawn (edge of Turtle)



My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com
 
Entering this in:

CardzTV Ch#117 Anything Goes  1/3  7/2

CHNC Jun Pattern Paper Ch

Dies R Us Ch#147 Summer Fun  2/3  6/28


Lawn Fawnatics Ch#79 Interactive Cards  2/4 7/5






 







Simon Mon Ch Sprays & Splashes  3/5  6/21  

Simon Wed Ch Summer Fun  1/5  6/23


4 comments:

  1. Very fun ... and good on you for rescuing turtles. I'd love to do something like that one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That andy beach is just amazing. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I'm very impressed with the slider mechanism. Thanks for joining the Summertime fun challenge at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh - this is so cool! love the slider die with the turtle in the sand!! wow! awesome idea! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Interactive challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete