Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stamp with Acrylic Paint Hot Air Balloon Scrapbook Layout

Created this Hot Air Balloon scrapbook layout
because I like to watch & photograph Hot Air Balloons.
Photographed the Hot Air Balloon in this photo using
my 300mm lens while laying down on my back on the
ground (on a blanket of course).

Challenge at {capture the moment} was to stamp
with acrylic paint using a PaperTrey Ink stamp. At first I
thought the acrylic paint would damage the stamps so I
tried the technique with a $1 stamp I had bought at JoAnns
or Michaels that I was not too worried about. After seeing
that the acrylic paint washed off the stamp I tried using a
PTI stamp and after a couple of tries I got the acrylic paint
technique to work.


I used one of the hot air balloons from the
Up, Up & Away set.
Stamped 2 of the Hot Air Balloons on white cardstock &
then cut them out.





























Entering this into following challenge:

{capture the moment}: Make It Monday #32: Stamping with Acrylic Paint


Paper:
12" x 12" Sonnets Sky Paper
white cardstock

4" x 6" photo of Hot Air Balloon

PaperTrey Ink Up, Up & Away Hot Air Balloon & 'the sky is the limit' sentiment

Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint Cardinal Crimson
Crayola pencil colors
1" foam brush (Michaels has these reg price 39 cents on sale for 5 cents 9/11/11 - 9/19/11)
Sakura Souffle white pen
Spool O' Ribbon white ribbon

5 comments:

  1. How fun is this? supper layout.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My husband and I will be flying in a hot air balloon next week! I can hardly wait-never done this before. I told someone else recently that this could be the inspiration I have needed to get out my Up, Up, and Away set. Did you see the card done using these balloons turned upside down as Christmas ornaments? So cute and clever! Thanks for the inspiration and kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely one Melissa!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout- I like the sky paper! Riding in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list---someday I'll get to do it :)Amy

    ReplyDelete