Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Captain Jack Sparrow Halloween Scrapbook Layout

Created this scrapbook layout making a 2nd of the Pirate
card like I had made earlier this yr.

Some of you may know & others may not but I'm a big
fan of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. You can
see a sketch my daughter created on my blog sidebar.


Some of you may know & others may not but my hubby
carves an artificial Styrofoam pumpkins and the photo
in the top right corner is indeed a photo of one of the
artificial Styrofoam pumpkins my hubby carved of
Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in 2006.



















Closeup
of pumpkin:


















Entering this into the following challenge:

Fantabulous Cricut

Challenge Me Monday #78

Ahoy Mateys! This week’s challenge is all about pirates! Yo-ho-ho!


#78 – It’s a Pirate’s Life
Create a pirate-themed project



Disney Classics Cricut cartridge
3 1/2" speed 1, pressure 4, blade 5
Pirate ship is CptHook2 icon p50

Paper:
12" x 12" Base DCWV Pirate Sayings
Gray 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" embossed with
Cuttlebug Skeleton Scroll embossing folder
(got this embossing folder last yr for 79 cents online)
trimmed 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
core'dinations Lemonade 7" x 4 7/8"
the Paper Studio solid glitter gold

Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Fiskars 1 1/2" circle punch

Memento Tuxedo black ink
BasicGrey clear stamp DANGER DO NOT ENTER
Fiskars clear stamp Halloween Night happy HALLOWEEN

foam adhesives
Recollections Mounting Tape

8 comments:

  1. Try this on the Baker's Twine. Once I wrapped the twine. I did three stripes on each side of the ruler. The outside two need to be close to edges and then middle one. Don't make them too skinny. Once I unwrap I layed it out on scrap paper to check it. A couple times I had to touch a couple places up but after a couple tries and make it wider and heavier I didn't have to do this. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy matey- quite a good depiction of Captain Jack in the pumpkin! Great layout! Thanks for playing this week at FCCB! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I love Johnny Depp and his character Captian Jack Sparrow. Love your LO and that embossing folder is perfect for this. Wow and that pumpkin is amazing! What a talented family. :) Thanks for the tip on the other challenges. I wonder if it's too late to enter those since I've already posted the card. I'll have to go check out the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout! I actually thought of you while I was making my project, because I remembered how much you like Captain Jack Sparrow! I knew you'd come up with something great for this challenge. :) I love the pirate ship and the papers you chose. Also pass along to your husband that he does great work on his pumpkins!


    Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut this week, my friend!

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby carved this pumpkin in 2006. Getting ready for this yr's pumpkin. I buy 1 pumpkin 50% off each yr & 1 more each yr at more than 50% off in after Halloween sale but do not wait too long because the better ones sale out. Last night on a blog I saw some artificial Styrofoam pumpkins done with vinyl images created on the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woot woot for Johny Depp!!! The carving is amazing Melissa! Kudos to the hubby on that one!!! Me and the hubby were just talking about JD and Orlando last night. Ironic!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't believe your husband carved that! He is truly talented and how cool that you are both crafters!
    I love your layout. The pirate ship is great against the embossed paper. What a perfect challenge for you!
    Thanks for playing along on our pirate challenge this week at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! And your husband's work is AMAZING!! Wow!! I am so impressed - and please be sure to let him know!!
    Thanks so much for joining our "It's a Pirate's Life" challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete