Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bee my Friend Card

Created this "Bee My Friend" Card.


















Closeups:



























In Australia it is Spring and here in Central TX it is almost Fall
and finally we have cooler temps & not 100+ temps.
Well, there is a challenge at an Australia site
Hooked on Craft Challenges Ch#7 Spring Has Sprung!

I got out my BlueBonnet photos.
For those of you that do not know BlueBonnets
are the State Flower of Texas.
BlueBonnets bloom in the Spring, are short lived sometimes
and other times last till beginning of Summer.

Photo on card was photographed by me
in my backyard Spring this yr 2011.
Hubby planted 4 BlueBonnets last year
and they reseeded and bloomed again this year.

Bought seed packet this yr but did not need to plant
since ones from previous yr reseeded on their own
and we broke open seed pods this yr at the end of
the blooming season to have more seeds. The seed
pods can be broken open and seeds pulled out when
the pod is dark brown.

I was excited to photograph the BumbleBee
near the BlueBonnet.

The larger photo of BlueBonnets in background
is one I photographed 2 years ago
when my hubby & I went to Ennis (S by 2 hours)
and toured the BlueBonnets there.
The red flowers mixed in are Painted Lupines.

Entering this into following challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge Blog

Challenge 55 ~ Friends




Crafting When We Can Challenges UK site max 2 entries (this is my 2nd entry) max 5 challenges total
Ch#1 "Do It Your Way" that's right a simple Anything Goes

Challenge *1


Craft Spot by Kimberly My Craft Spot

Challenge #24 - Friends are the best!


Hooked on craft Challenges Australia site Ch#7 Spring Has Sprung!
flowers, sunshine, things that grow, etc.
could be your image, paper or embeliishment

Challenge 7


The Paper Variety - 9/7 use a stamp - I used a rubber stamp

Happy Blogaversary!! {{MFT Blog Hop}}


Paper:
5" x 7" Base white cardstock
Recollections Signature Cardstock - blue 3 1/4" x 4" & purple 3 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Photo: 3 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Blue Bonnet rubber stamp deadbeat DESIGNS bought at Stamp Asylum
Memento Bahama Blue ink

Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Celebrate It Basic Narrowsd ribbon

hand calligraphy of sentiment "Bee my friend"

green Sharpie
blue & purple glitter



19 comments:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous pictures, Melissa! Those BlueBonnets are so beautiful! And how cool that you were able to capture a bee in the pic! The card is just fabulous!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures- those flowers are so pretty! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bluebonnets are spectacular....such beautiful shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card Melissa. I love the picture on it!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just beautiful! I love it!

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful card and the photo of the blue flower is breath taking. I love those blue flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bluenonnets are just gorgeous !!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo makes the perfect focal point for your card! Thanks for sharing with our 1st Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pretty card, thanks for joining in with our first challenge at CRAFT WHEN WE CAN...x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely those flowers are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing flowers!! Your card is wonderful and the sentiment is just perfect with the photo!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. love how the stamp is identical to the flower..thanks for helping celebrate our birthday at TPV

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the flower photo with a bee! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  15. those flowers are gorgeous! thanks for playing at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful! Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and photos....hanks for sharing with us at Hooked On Crafts...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgoeus! Love those flowers. Such a beautiful creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete