Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Halloween Candy Card - CTMH MthofthYr Oct

 Made this Halloween card to send along with the Halloween Paper Dolls to my Niece's family. Took envelope filled with Halloween Paper Dolls & card to post office. Was surprised that postage was only 2 Forever Stamps. If I had known then I would have used stamps at home. 

Not to come down on the post office but Tuesday this wk I was expecting 2 pkgs. One arrived, was placed in mailbox at 6:27pm. I had seen the postal truck go up street at 4pm. The box pkg status indicated expected delivery at 8pm. When it did not arrive at 8pm and I was checking status the status was blank. Next morning the box was at front door and status indicated it arrived at 8:27pm. Doorbell did not pick up the delivery so I'm figuring the postal person tossed the box and that is why the doorbell did not show the delivery. Hubby adjusted the doorbell sensitivity. How many of you know you can track a package by typing in without the apostrophes '' 'usps tracking' that has a tracking number? How many of you have a video doorbell?

Wed I renewed my driver's license. Had made appt in Sept. Indicated entrance not allowed more than 30 mins prior to appt. Turns out you still have to wait in line outside and a person allows so many in at a time. Inside was limited seating. When you first go inside you have to enter the appt code. The scanner does not work on the barcode. Eye test and it is not like it was yrs ago when you looked into a device to read the letters. The eye chart is on paper on the wall. You put hand over one eye read the first 4 rows from left to right downward. You repeat with other eye covered. You tell them what color the 2 color bars are on the chart. You have to fill out an application. First application they gave me after I filled out front page and turned to back noticed it was for 17 yr olds. Got the correct form filled out. Number being processed when I arrived was #1080 and my number was #1210. After over an hour waiting, sitting in an uncomfortable chair, no food or drink allowed inside and wearing a mask my # was called. Was told to bring birth certificate, social security, passport, etc. for proof of US citizenship (brought my life's paperwork). They only asked for birth certificate. Had 2 photos taken, person said first was not good. $33 ($1 was service fee for processing in person, you can renew online every other yr and I had renewed to get the new style license which has a star on it, acceptable at airports in US and is black & white, no longer color, which did not change my renewal/expiration date and if I had known at the time would have not done so). Did not donate to any of the many listed causes that were $1 each. New license is valid for 8 years. I selected Organ Donor. Who all after reading all this has to renew soon and anyone thinking of being an Organ Donor?

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies

CTMH: cardstock/paper - Kraft  pattern - candy

  ink: black, Nectarine

   stamp - Month of the Year Oct

other: Halloween glitter adhesive tape


 

The Close To My Heart CTMH Sept - Oct catalog and Core Sept 2021 - Aug 2022 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.




My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com


Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 

 

Entering in:

CHNC Oct Pattern Ch  10/31

DLART Oct Ch  10/31   

 

 

Simon Mon Ch Fall Colors Mood Board  3/5  10/17





 

 


Stay Crafty Hero Arts Ch28 Fall Colors  11/4


 

 

The Four Seasons Ch Anything Goes Fall  10/25



 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The Old Bats Halloween Ch Oct Anything Halloween  10/28

 



 

 

 

 



 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card my friend! Thanks for joining us at the Four Seasons Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely CAS card! Thanks for joining us at 2 Old Bats Halloween Challenge this month!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete