Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thurs Tip 8/20/20 - Texture

Had a relative from FL visiting with us and almost forgot to post.

Welcome to a Tip on Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant, and I want to share some tips I have learned in a weekly tutorial named Tip on Thursday.

Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I used, comment below & share a photo of what you made using the Tip.

For this Tip on Thursday I want to share with you how to add texture to your creation.

Supplies & Tools you will need are:

1. cardstock - card base measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", 
    one piece measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", 
    scrap piece measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
2. ink - I chose VersaFine Onyx Black which stamps well on
    burlap

3. stamp - I chose Mother's Day Door CC42013 (retired)























4. piercing tool/foam
5. brad
6. burlap or fabric - I chose to use burlap since most outdoor welcome mats look like that
7. glue dots, adhesive - something to attach burlap or fabric and cardstock
8. scissors

Steps
1. Prepare card base
2. Stamp door onto front of card base, stamp sentiment if you choose to do so






















3. Stamp doormat part of door stamp onto burlap and have a scrap piece of cardstock behind the burlap
4. Cut mat out
5. Pierce hole where door knob is on stamped door image

 





 














6. Add brad to front where pierced hole for door knob is on stamped image















7. Attach piece of cardstock to inside back of card to cover up the brad


8. Attach burlap or fabric door mat where stamped doormat image is on front of card  








The Close To My Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog is available thru 8/31. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.

My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com
 
Entering this in:


DL.ART Aug Linky  1E/day  8/31

No comments:

Post a Comment