Tabs at Top of Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Doily Easel Birthday Card

Created this Doily Easel Birthday Card using a
die cut I got from winning a gift certificate.


















Closeup:














Entering this into the following challenges:

Birthday Sundaes #37 max tot 6 ch incl Birth Sund ends 12/3
B'day card w/ b'day sentiment on front

Challenge #37


More Than Favors Wacky Wed #60 Birthday Theme ends 11/29
WACKY WEDNESDAY #60 - BIRTHDAY THEME!


Whimsical Designs ends 12/12
create diff style card other than A2 or Shape and incorp ribbon & die cut
Scraptastic Monday Challenge!


Paper:
4 1/4" x 8 1/2" scored: 4 1/4" & 6 3/8" made into an Easel Card maroon cardstock
Recollections Pastel pink polka dotted paper

Cheery Lynn Designs Doily Die #DL102 French Pastry 4" x 4"
ek Pointed Flower edge punch
Fiskars 1 1/2" circle punch
foam adhesives
Hero Arts Small Greetings Rubber Stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
mini glue dot
Spool O' Ribbon white ribbon

10 comments:

  1. That's pretty. I like the scalloped edges and the way the present pops up. BTW- good job on all the Black Friday stuff! If I thought I scored, you knocked it out of the park!

    I hope your package arrives today, if not it should be tomorrow for sure. The lady at the post office was in a foul mood. (She needs to find a hobby I think).

    TFS!
    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the great colors and the beautiful doiley! Thanks for playing at Scraptastic Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the doily and everything. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cindy’s Scraptastic Designs . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa the colors are so soothing and the design intricate and lovely
    Thank You for the comment on the whales-- I can just imagine how you must have felt seeing the whales-- must have been an unforgettable experience!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my friend,BEAUTIFUL job with the challenge!I LOVE the fold and the colors. Thank you so much for playing along at Scraptastic Mondays!:)Please e-mail me for your free digi at cindyjbeland@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the doily! I think I need to put doily dies on my Christmas wish list!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. As for my Peace on Earth poinsettia card, the base is 10.82x4.41 (that's two images welded together, with one flipped). The green Elegant Edge frame is 3.48x4.25 and the shadow of the flourish is 4.28x2.87 with all the other images sized proportionately. I cut a few sizes of the extra Wrap It Up leaves and am not sure which ones I actually used as I cut quite a few and then just eyed things to see what looked best.

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you make a similar card. I'd LOVE to see it!!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Melissa! I love the doily and the colors are gorgeous together!! Awesome card :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your doily card...so pretty! Thanks for joining the challenge at Scraptastic Mondays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty.......just love your card and that doily:)
    Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! I LOVE that doily lace die... onto my wish list it goes! :o) You used it so beautifully in this design. The polka dots are so whimsical and pretty, and I love the sweet white bow beneath the sentiment. :o) Thank you for playing along with us at Scraptastic Mondays! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete