Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, October 9, 2020

Halloween Trick or Treat Candy Corn Gatefold Shutter Card

Please click here for Tip Thursday 10/8 Cricut Device Not Found/Bluetooth. Please visit during the mth of Sept & Oct for new Tip Thursdays.


Created this Card using an SVG I bought, Gatefold Shutter Card, from Lori Whitlock. Figured I would give it a try while waiting for the dies I ordered from Lawn Fawn arrived (they arrived yesterday after I finished this card so now I'll be using the die to compare).

Used a Lawn Fawn stamp/die, Trick or Treat. Bought the stamp several yrs ago from a Ben Franklin store (has price tag on it with Ben Franklin store name) while on vacation. Bought the die more recently but not recalling from where (whether it was from Lawn Fawn or somewhere else). 

Made the card for my niece's daughter, yes I'm a Great Aunt, who is 3.

 




 

 



 

 

 

 

 







Supplies

cardstock/paper: gray, yellows, white, glitter - orange, yellow,

  pattern -  Candy Corn

Crayola: pencil colors

die: Spellbinders Labels Eight

Lawn Fawn: stamp/die - Trick or Treat 

machine: Cricut Explore Air, Sizzix BIGkick 

marker: Stampin' Up (SU) Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron

pen: CTMH Shimmer pen clear

punch: SU Circle 1 3/4"

SVG: Lori Whitlock Gatefold Shutter Card

(had to change some cut lines to score lines)

Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - carved pumpkin

 

The Close To My Heart CTMH Sept-Oct catalog and new Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.

My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com

Entering this in: 

Cardz TV Ch#125 Anything Goes  1/3  10/22

CHNC Oct Pattern Ch  10/31 

Hero Arts Ch#15 Fall & Halloween  10/22

Lawn Fawn Ch86 Halloween & Fall Insp  1/4  10/18 




 

 

 

 

 

Simon Wed Ch Make It Sparkle  1/5  10/13

4 comments:

  1. Like the Gate fold - let me know how the Lawn Fawn Die works for you ~ remember that free svg I downloaded this year for the magic window? Now my cards do not open without getting stuck - I wonder if the LF die works better??? I really do not want to spend that kind of money for one but I did like my cards that worked temporarily -- so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and paper for Halloween. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh! so cute! LOVE the candy corn inside the card!! what fun! thank you SO much for playing along with the Fall/Halloween challenge with Lawn Fawnatics! :)

    ReplyDelete