Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mardi Gras Tag

Created this Mardi Gras tag using Tags,
Bags, Boxes & More Cricut cartridge to
make the tag and the Destinations Cricut
cartridge for the Mardi Gras phrase & Mask.
Have had the Destinations cartridge for some
time but this is first time using it. I like how
clean the cuts were using glitter cardstock
which can be a blade and pressure setting
problem for me sometimes.

Cut the tag standard #8 size 3 1/8" x 6 1/4". Cut
the mask image and did not like the extra hole

below one of the eye cutouts so I hid that with
my Gypsy.

Had an odd thing happen with my Gypsy when I
was planning the project while watching an Audrey
Hepburn movie "A Nun's Life"
this wk. My images
were moving back & forth on the screen and I could
not get it to stop & could not get the Gypsy to go to
the save file option so I powered off, powered back
on & started over and it did not happen again.
Anyone have this happen before?

Embossed the tag using a Fleur de Lis embossing
folder. I cut my embossing folder at the top so I could
slip the tag thru. Tim Holtz mentioned doing this and
with my Tim Holtz scissors I cut an opening at the
top.

Attached the images, gems & ribbon.

Visited New Orleans some time before my daughter
was born. Highlight of New Orleans trip was an evng
dinner trip on a Paddle Wheel Boat. Mardi Gras beads
are from a trip to Disney World in FL during Spring Break
with daughter & hubby.


















Closeup of tag:


















Entering this into the following challenges:

1. A Muse Studio Time for Mardi Gras 2/12 - 2/19

Time for Mardi Gras!

Mardi Gras, Carnivale, Fat Tuesday.......however you call it, Mardi Gras is next week, so for this challenge I want you to use the 3 traditional colors of Mardi Gras, Purple, Yellow (gold) and Green! It can be any theme, but the 3 colors need to be predominant!


2. CAS-ual Fridays CFC40 Tie One On ribbon lim 4 tot ch 2/17 - 2/22

CFC40



CFC40: With Mardi Gras in a few days we thought it would be fun to have a gallery full of Clean And Simple Party cards with ribbon.


3. Simon Says Stamp Ch Tag It unlim entries 1st entry 2/15 - 2/21

Simon Says ,,,,, TAG IT ! :-)


4. Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything Goes unlim entries 4th entry 2/15 - 2/19

Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything Goes!


Cricut cartridges:
Tags, Bags, Boxes & More tag #8 size 3.12" x 6.25"
Destinations Mardi Gras phrase & Mask 2.75" x 1.33"

Paper:
core'dinations Serene - purple
Glitter cardstock: green & gold

adhesives: red double-sided tape & Zig 2 Way glue pen

bling: gems - gold, green & purple

ribbon: green, gold & purple

11 comments:

  1. Great tag for this coming week's festivities! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy,thanks for your comment on my Tie me up! blog... So sorry for not answering you earlier. I watched this video
    " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FJ2fsrzmU " on you tube for origami necktie. But the idea came http://barefootstamper.typepad.com/barefoot_stamper/2007/06/origami_necktie.html

    I used lighter cardstock for neck tie, and harder one for the shirt.

    Hope that helps you!!! :)

    P3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag-very festive. Adding the beads for the photo was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tag, Melissa!! The texture of the paper is so fabulous!! And you always do such an amazing job staging your pictures...I love the beads!!

    I have trouble with my Gypsy from time to time...it will randomly close out what I'm working on and I have to open a new document and start again...which is sooo frustrating. But I've never experienced what happened to you!! A little spooky!! I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Have you updated it lately? I haven't in a while...I definitely need to do that :)

    I hope you are having a great weekend!!

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Mardi Gras tag!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! I LOVE this TAG! Perfect for all the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun and very festive :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THAT's a party!! Great idea and super clever!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete