Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Phlat Samantha Mermaid is a TX Ranger Fan

Some of you may know what a Flat Stanley is. For those
that do not a Flat Stanley is a flat paper doll that is
created in U. S. A. elementary schools by children and
sent to people to photograph it in their locale or with
them, create a journal of travels and send on to other
recipients and then the last person mails the pkg back
to the originator. My daughter created a Flat Stanley
when she was in 1st grade.

Well, this lovely wooden figure is named Phlat Samantha
(PS for short). She comes from Toronto Canada. I have
an Internet friend, Michael, tha
t lives in Toronto Canada.
I met Michael when I enjoyed a visit to Toronto Canada
Mar t
his yr 2011 when my hubby was in Toronto Canada
on business and hubby's company paid for my travel
expenses since hubby was there for 3 weeks and did
not come home on the weekends.

Phlat Samantha has traveled to different places in the
U.S. A. and before coming to me had been in the U.K. &
Scotland. PS has 3 more locations to arrive at before she
goes bac
k to Toronto Canada.

When Phlat Samantha arrived I knew exactly what I
wanted to do photograph wise since the Texas Rangers
were in the World Series. At this time my Gypsy was still
working and I designed a project with Everyday Paper
Doll Cricut cartridge to dress PS in TX Ran
ger colors &
gear.



































Phlat Samantha visited Captain Jack Sparrow
at Best Buy store Tues 10/18 when the new
Pirates of Caribbean movie came out on DVD.


















Phlat Samantha in her Texas Rangers
attire with gear.

Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Love to Crop unlimited entries 1st entry ends 11/3
circles - baseballs

It's Challenge Time!! Encircled and hugged...

Everyday Paper Doll Cricut cartridge
baseball shirt, helmet, bat, ball, mitt
I do not have the sizes of the pieces because my Gypsy
bit the dust and is being mailed back to ProvoCraft for
replacement (I rcvd the email FedEx return label) but I
do know I had to create several times to get the size to
fit the wood figure in both width & height

Paper:
cardstock: blue, 2 shades of brown, & white

blue glitter - on baseball
hand calligraphy with black calligraphy marker of
'Texas Rangers' on bat
hand calligraphy of 'Texas' on shirt using white
Enamel Accents

7 comments:

  1. ooooohhhhh....I think your Canadian friends will take issue with you for saying PS is French if she's from Toronto. She may SPEAK French but she IS 100% Canadian, I'd imagine! LOL!
    Your idea of dressing her up in the Texas Ranger gear was cute! Go Rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in process of editing when it posted. I forgot I had scheduled it. PS is 100% Canadian with a bit of Texan. TX Rangers lost game 3. So now it is 1 game win for TX Rangers & 2 games wins for St Louis Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So absolutely adorable! I love the Rangers gear you put on her! And she is a mermaid so I LOVE her :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! We have participated in many Flat Stanley events!

    Thanks for joining us over at Love to Crop!! Guest Designer Carri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea! My granddaughter mad a Flat Stanley and also sent him to Texas to my brother!
    Thanks for joining us at Love To Crop.

    LTC Guest Designer Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute mermaid mixed in with baseballs....who woulda thunk it??? Hopped over from Love To Crop
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete