Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

CAS Owl always Love You Card

Created this one layer Clean & Simple (CAS) "Owl always Love You" Card using off-white Kraft cardstock or maybe the proper name is Buff Ivory Kraft cardstock, an embossing folder, Owl stamp, Owl sentiment, Zing Copper ink heat embossed. 

The off-white/Buff Ivory Kraft cardstock was in the americana Kraft pkg I bought at Hobby Lobby awhile ago. 

The embossing folder is Cuttlebug Grace's Frame and I liked the way it framed the card. 

Bought the Owl stamp some time ago since my daughter likes Owls. 

Won the K Andrew Owly Hoo Sentiments clear stamps awhile ago. 

Bought the Zing embossing powder quite some time ago but this is first time using the Copper embossing powder. I know it is my first time because I keep the wax paper I use in a Ziploc bag with the name of the embossing powder written with a black Sharpie on outside of Ziploc bag and I did not have a bag for the Copper and the container of embossing powder was full. 

This took a couple test trials to get the stamp and heat embossing to look the way I wanted it to. The photo does not do the heat embossing justice. Looks better in person.

I'm going to put this card in my daughter's room for when she comes home this weekend. My daughter emailed me that she received all As again this semester so she made the Dean's List both Fall & Spring semester, that she was vacuuming her apt & is heading home this Sat! Yeah!!!

















embossing: 
Cuttlebug Grace's embossing folder
Zing Copper embossing powder

ink: VersaMark

paper: 
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Base americana Kraft cardstock - off-white/Buff Ivory

stamp:
K. Andrew Designs clear stamps - Owly Hoo Sentiments
Stampabilities rubber wood mounted stamp - Owl

Entering this into the following challenges:

CAS-Fridays CFC52 CAS proj w/ Birds max4tot combch I have4totcombch 5/11-17
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Ch128 One Layer Card 5/12-18
Pile It On Ch20 Clean and Simple 5/13

8 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a sweet card and sentiment! Your daughter will be so touched to find that waiting for her! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely owl card - and such a fab sentiment. Congratulations, I see you were a winner at Stitchy Bear Stamps this week, I do love that card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the embossing!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa! Thank you for your comment on the Pile It On blog; Listing CAS-ual Fridays for more than 4 challenges was indeed an oversight; thanks for pointing it out! We're very sensitive to each challenge's rules, but we all have our moments LOL! Also, as for listing CAS cards in many challenges, I think that depends on the card... for example, if it contains a button you could enter it into button challenges, and so on. I saw a CAS mother's day card (somewhere online!) that managed to successfully include almost 30 challenges... it had more to do with the theme than the design, I guess. Does that make sense? Thanks for writing! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response CG. I just wanted to make sure I did not step on anyone's toes but wanted to make sure I understood how to play the Pile It On challenge.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  5. fab... CAS cards are my fav! yours is super
    thanks for joining PIO this week. good luck in the draw - Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ZING e.p. and your card is awesome. That scrolly type frame is such a good compliment. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete