Tabs at Top of Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

making memories Precision Paper Trimmer



















Was using my recently purchased (bought April this yr from Hobby Lobby) making memories Precision Paper Trimmer when all of a sudden the paper I was cutting was tearing and not cutting cleanly.

This paper trimmer includes a self-sharpening blade. Box indicates no replacement blades needed.

When it started to tear the paper I said oh no since the blade is not replaceable & planned to take it back to Hobby Lobby for exchange or refund (I had the receipt and even if past the 60 days it was damaged). Figured there may be some glue or sticky tape on the blade causing a problem.

This is what it looks like unfolded to 12" x 12".



















This is what it looks like folded 6" x 12".

No paperwork came with it but I saw there was a red plastic part at the back and it had a ridged area and an arrow pointing up.



















This is what the red plastic part looks like when you remove it. To remove you need to pull back on the silver bar holding the blade compartment and the red plastic piece pulls off when you press it upward.















I pushed back on the silver bar & the blade compartment was accessible to remove. I blew on the blade and looked it over and then reinserted it and all is well with it cutting cleanly again.

Does anyone else out there have this paper trimmer? If there is someone that has it I'd like to know if you had any problems with it & how long have you had one & used it?

4 comments:

  1. I have this paper trimmer and love it, I've had mine for years (3 or more), though I have had to do what you just did before. The only complaint is the grid and the numbers wear off over time and you can't read them well at all. I have thought about replacing mine in the future with the new pink one (mines black) since I have had mine so long and the numbers/grid's worn off. I love the paper trimmer though and would definitely get the same one b/c I have found it is the best trimmer I have used so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get it working again! It's always great to have a reliable tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha: ty for response, glad to know that someone has found the product to be reliable, I have a guillotine (think that is what the kind is called that has the handle you lower to cut) style Fiskars trimmer that I use as well but I do not use it when cutting small pieces
    TenSGal: since I have been giving it a workout lately & liking it I was glad also to get it to work again

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have this papertrimmer and have had it for about a year now. I have had no problems thus far, but glad I have your tip in case something were to happen. My numbers have not worn off yet, but can see that happening. If I ever needed to replace my trimmer, I would for sure get this one again. I LOVE it.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my creations here

    ReplyDelete