Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HERE TODAY ... pun Card

When I found out that Peachy Keen Stamps new Challenge was So Punny; pun - play on words w/ PK face I had some ideas going thru my head. I thought perhaps I could do something with the Howdy Horse Card but had no face stamp for a horse and would have to add something to put a face on and then an idea came to me. In 2008 my hubby, daughter & I went to Maui Hawaii and I thought about a phrase I heard there so this is what I came up with this layout to put in my Maui Hawaii scrapbook.


HERE TODAY,
GONE TO MAUI !

play on words:

HERE TODAY
GONE TOMORROW










closeup of sentiment:














Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge - first time using this cartridge and since I had Peachy Keen face stamps I had to experiment some to get the right size body/face for the stamps I had.
4 1/2" body blackout (chose blackout so I could stamp with PK face stamp),
4 1/2" Island Girl

Peachy Keen PK-491 Everyday Character Faces
Sentiment digitally created with Microsoft Word

Paper:
patterned paper - Paper Pizazz Palm Tree
flesh/tan, lt blue, brown, green, 2 shades of purple, white

Studio His & Hers self-adhesive gemstone - flower in hair

foam adhesives to make the lei stand out

Entering this into following challenge:
Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge
Let's Face it Friday - So Punny!


Paper Playtime
Ch# 51 - Digi Monday (or Stamps) - SUMMER

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love your little Hawaiian Girl- so is adorable- and the sentiment is funny! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute girl.

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very punny. Liking the little stamped face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felt like a kid when I was cutting the paper doll & other doll items. I liked playing with paper dolls when younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one! I love puns and I LOVE Maui, so this project is a total winner in my mind. :) Well done!
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa, such a pretty card...got to love them dolls. AWESOME work my friend. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Maui! I can't wait to go again! This is such a cute card. Oh memories!

    Hey, good luck winning the blog candy! :)

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opps, I meant congrats winning the blog candy! (The mind is a terrible thing to waste).....

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Melissa! How cute is the little hula girl and the background paper is gorgeous! The sentiment totally rocks! Love this :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card, I just love the paperdoll carts. Great job, love the pun!! Thanks for playing along at Paper Playtime!!

    Mary
    marebearscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete