Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

In My Den - MFP Simp Salut Ch 33

Created this card for my Hostess position at Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations Challenge. Challenge 33 this wk 3/20-26 is In My Den: Grandfather Clock, Globe, Books, Comfy Chair, things you find in a Den with a sentiment on a card. Please click here for details & to enter.

Made the card book shaped using a Darice Book Cover embossing folder & scissors to shape the card. Used Tim Holtz Paper Distresser on edges for a worn book effect. Stamped using Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink & stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers In My Den image comfy chair and sentiment on front of card and sentiment on inside of card. Added a brown ribbon.


Front of card:
 






















Inside of card:
 






















adhesive: Scotch Foam Mount Tape - to put the 2 pieces of shape book together
embossing: Darice Book Cover embossing folder
ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
paper: core'dinations Chocolate Mousse
ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon
stamp: MFP In My Den - image chair & sentiments (both on front & inside)
Tim Holtz: Paper Distresser, Sander, Scissors - to shape the book
 
Entering this into the following challenges:
 
Cute Card Thurs Ch256 An Eye for Detail unlim my detail is in using the TH Paper Distresser for worn book effect 2/14-20

Pan Pastel Ch7 Just 2 Colours my 2 colors are brown & rhubarb (used on stamped images & sentiment) 2/17-22

Aud Sentiments Show us your inner sentiment sentiment on inside of card unlim 2/13-26
Pennys Ch115 Anything Goes lim3 1st 2/20-26
Word Art Wed Ch68 Anything Goes lim5 1st 2/20-26

DLART Thankful Thurs Linky Ch Anything Goes unlim 2/7-28
Pin & Tack Spark Your Creativity Now Ch#6 Anything Goes unlim 2/2-28  

Crafty Boots Out of your comfort zone Ch unlim out of comfort zone by creating a shaped card making card a shaped card 2/18-3/3
Paper Playtime Ch4 Sentiment Stamps unlim 2/18-3/3 
Victorine Stamps Ch53 Stamp, Emboss & Embellish unlim 2/18-3/3

10 comments:

  1. This is a great card. It makes me want to go home and curl up in my comfy chair with my book. ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! And you're right...we do all deserve a stress free day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Like I love that embossing folder there! I have not seen that before now - so I am adding that to my list! Great card! Wish I could enter your challenges - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This embossing is great - it really looks like the texture of a real old book cover. Great job! Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week.
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, how unique - love this idea! so glad you join us at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful I love the vintage feel to it and the distressing. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel Challenge Blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shabby book effect. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments for our inner sentiment challenge.

    Hugs Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete