Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Window Owl Card

Created this Window Owl Card as my 3rd wk of Guest Designer for Tuesday Throwdown. Theme this wk is 'Window' Cards.

Used a digi provided by Grafico who is sponsoring the challenge.

I created this card with the Owl looking like it was inside a tree. Printed the digi on brown cardstock. Used Spellbinder die cut to cut the digi out. Used Kraft cardstock as base. Used Spellbinders die cut to make the window cut out. Used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to give the card more wood realistic look. Sanded the embossed area & used Tim Holtz Distress Ink on the embossed, sanded area. Used a stamp set  to create the banners/pennants and sentiment. I chose the banners/pennants because I felt that the ones with the veritical stripes were like the Owls wings and the dotted one was like the Owls eyes. Placed the digi image on inside of card that you can see thru the window cut on front of card. Added Owls Twill ribbon.
 





















digi: Grafico Owl
embossing: Tim Holtz Woodgrain
paper:
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Base Kraft cardstock
brown cardstock 
ribbon: ribbon trends Owls Twill 
Spellbinder: Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals Large
stamp: 
the GREETING farm clear stamps - banners/pennants &
sentiment 'Woo Hoo!' 
Tim HOLtz: sander & Distress Ink walnut stain

Entering this into the following challenges:

2 Sisters Ch96 Plaids & Stripes unlim 3rd 6/16-22
Crop Stop Ch76 It's a Celebration show banners or pennants unlim 2nd 6/14-20
DLART Thankful Thurs any 2 colors:black/Brown, ribbon:OwlsTwill & any kind embossing:Woodgrain 6/14-30
Hot Shot Ch9 Distress Inks unlim 6th 6/9-7/6
Jaihart Sun Are Lovely 10 unlim 24th 6/3
Paper Playtime Ch77 Say it w/ Sentiments Anything Goes unlim 2nd 6/18-30
Simon Says Stamp & Show a Bit of Brown unlim 1st my brown is Kraft cardstock 6/18-24
Speedy TV Ch3 Tutorial Time Train Tunnel unlim 2nd back with a 2nd Owl card & cut out so Owl can peek out 6/15-21
Stampin Sisters in Christ Ch144 Something that reflects you unlim 4th my like for Owls reflects me 6/17-23
Stamping with Dragon Anything Goes unlim 7th 6/15-21
Tammy's Scrappin Corner Ch15 Ribbons or Bows unlim 2nd 6/18-24
Victorine Stamps Ch36 Anything Goes unlim 9th 6/14

19 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Melissa. I like your "window" die cut that your cute little owl is showcased through. I also like the woodgrain embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the hole in your tree. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Banner Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card - the woodgrain EF is so very perfect - big smiles for this awesome card. You asked about an EF I used on my 6/19/2012 card on enteringkathyville.blogspot.com, but, alas, it was a gift from my friend and I don't have a clue what it's called. If I find out, I'll let you know. Thanks for visiting my blog - and your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Melissa! Terrific job getting the scallops to line up. Love the owl ribbon -- it makes a perfect embellishment on this card. Fabulous work on the wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have put on my Tammy's Scrapin Corner DT hat when I commented yesterday. Anyway, I'm so glad you entered the Ribbon or Bows challenge over there this week. :-D

      Delete
  5. So Cute Melissa! Love the wonderful embossed woodgrain and sweet owl trim along the bottom too! Just makes me smile! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome!! That owl is so sweet and I love his tree!! Fabulous card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another cute owl card from you!!! Your cards are darling. Thanks again for joining in at TTSTV.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! The Owl is sweet and the Tree wood effect turned out great. The Owl twill ribbon looks great too...I have the same ribbon and got it out recently to use...thanks for the inspiration.
    Here from DL ART Thankful Thursdays Challenge.
    Have a great week!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another CUTE owl card! Thanks for joining us at TTSTV

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa Ssoo cute! Your embossing worked perfect for this card. You did a great job putting this card together. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner-Elisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute. There are so many wonderful details on your card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable peek-a-boo card for....whooo? Cute! Always fun to see what you've created. Another great inspiration for the SSIC challenge. Thanks for being a part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so very cute. I love this image
    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card. Nice twist on the tutorial. Thanks for trying the Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV technique and joining the fun. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Card! I love Owl and the paper choices are great.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the woodgrain paper, that super cute owl! What a great card! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete