Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

St Patrick's Day Easel Shamrock Card


















Created this St. Patrick's Day Easel Shamrock
Card using a couple Cricut cartridges: Designer's
Calendar & Paper Doll Dress Up. I knew I had seen
a Shamrock border that would work well for an
easel style card.

Closeup of card:

















Entering this into the following challenges:

1. 2 Sisters unlim entries 1st entry 3/10 - 3/16
was told by another challenge that St. Patrick's Day was not Spring since the day 3/17 is 2 days before the 1st day of Spring but I see a St. Patrick's Day card by one of the DTs for this challenge so I'm entering & you can let me know if not acceptable

Challenge #82 ~ Spring Colors


2. Diana Larson DLART Thankful Thursday St. Patrick's Day 3/8 - 3/23
history lesson from DLART Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. from DLART history lesson I chose to go green and I have both 4 leaf & 3 leaf Shamrocks

MARCH 8, 2012***THURSDAY*** THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE


3. Hiding in My Craftroom unlim entries 1st entry 3/10 - 3/17
everything except for the pattern paper is scraps

HIMCR #37 - Super Scraps Saturday!


4. Hooked On Craft Ch More Than One Fold unlim entries 1st entry 3/5 - 3/31

Challenge 18


5. Hot Shot Craft unlim entries 4th entry 3/2 - 3/23

Challenge # 5 - Ribbons


6. My Sheri Crafts Easel Card w/ Shamrock 3/3 - 3/16

MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE #80 - Happy St Patrick's Day!


7. Paper Craft Star Ch81 Lucky St. Patrick's Day 3/7 - 3/11

Challenge 87 - Lucky St. Patrick's Day !


8. Reasonable Ribbon unlim entries 2nd entry 3/1 - 3/12

Challenge #43 Monochromatic Green Theme

The theme for Challenge #43 is Monochromatic Green. Let's see your green!!

Create a card, layout, multi media piece, tag, ATC, hair bow, you name it. Just be sure to follow the theme above and use ribbon/lace or trim somewhere on your project.


9. Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Sat 3/10 - 3.16
Fancy Fold


10. Totally Paper Crafts unlim entries 2nd entry 3/9 - 3/15
two of my fav things are my Cricut & making easel style cards

Totally Papercrafts Challenge 107 - My Favorite Things


11 Victorine Stamps unlim entries 2nd entry 3/5 - 3/16

adhesive: foam, Scotch ATg, ZOTS small dots
Cricut:
Designer's Calendar 3" Clover
Paper Doll Dress Up 1 1/2" Shamrocks last page 78

embossing: Moroccan Screen embossing folder

ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

paper:
4 1/4" square Base and 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" easel style card - green cardstock
the Paper Studio Lined Shamrocks
core'dinations Shamrock cardstock
liight green cardstock

ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon - green

stamp: Basic Grey clear stamp

24 comments:

  1. Great looking easel card! I do like that Shamrock border. Would love for you to share your card at My Sheri Crafts--easel card with shamrock challenge!
    Glenda
    http::/glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder Glenda. I had the challenge written in my notebook but did not have the end date correct so I thought I had missed the deadline but see that the end date is 3/16 so I entered. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Melissa,
    You did the history lesson well you get an A on your assignment.
    have a great day Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm giving you a virtual apple for teaching lesson.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  3. oh Melissa this is fabulous love it. I don't know why but I still have made an easel card and I am so sorry I haven't been able to comment as much...overtime at my "REAL" Job as seriously cut in to my blog and crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely easel card, Melissa! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star lucky challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Shamrock easel card! Great paper!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card and how you stamped the shamrock on the shamrock really nice attention grabber. Thank you for playing along at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa, I like that you made an easle Card and great paper. I wanted to let you that you have the challenge mixed up. Its Super Scraps Day at HIMCR. Hee I know it happens. Thanks so much for joining us at HIMCR DT Memeber AJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I understand your comment about having ch mixed up and my entry and scraps for HIMCR. I used all scraps except for the patterned paper. Please let me know if it has to be all scraps and if I need to delete my entry. It's ok either way.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
    2. Hi Melissa disregards the last post. I looked at the wrong DT Challenge. LOL Tee Hee Jokes on me. Sorry for the confusing you. Guess I’m still on the last challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR

      Delete
    3. Thanks AJ. I make quite a few oops.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
  8. I love your card! I still have to give an easel card a try! Thanks for joing us.
    Angela
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun, Melissa!! I love the shamrock paper and the stamp you used on the main shamrock!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Melissa! I love the shamrock and the fun papers you used:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card. Love the bling on the ribbon. Thanks for playing along with us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! I love the easel style and fun shamrocks :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous St. Patrick's Day card.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, LOVE all those shamrocks, big and small! Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza!!! I love everything about this!! GREAT fold and perfect for our SSDS challenge this week!! Thanks for joining again this week...you do great work!
    Tammy, SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love all the shamrocks! Great card! Thanks for joing us Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melissa,
    I just love your ard. This is just a fabulous easel card. Great border. Thanks for sharing at My Sheri Crafts.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, hope it brings you some luck. Thanks for joining us for us for 2 Sisters for our spring colors challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely easel card,great design and papers....Thanks for joining in with us at hooked on Craft,hope to see you next time...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete