Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

TH Christmas Wreath Card

Doodle Pantry Challenge for July is Make a Splash or Christmas Theme. Click here to enter challenge. Click here to see my Partridge in a Pear Tree Scrapbook Layout.

Made this one layer Christmas Card using Tim Holtz embossing folder. Colored the card using TH Distress Inks. Stamped Hero Arts sentiment.

Does anyone know how to prevent the crease marks that you can see to the left & right and at the bottom of the TH embossed wreath? Size of the cardstock used where there are creases is a folded 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. Only some of my TH embossing folders do this when I use my Sizzix BIGkick. The TH embossing folders are shorter width on the backside like as if Sizzix was using less plastic. If I cut the cardstock shorter to a folded 4" x 5 1/2" card size I do not get any creases. Is there anyone that has any other suggestions?

I emailed Tim Holtz & was happy to get a response. He said that he has not had the creasing problem and that perhaps the weight of the cardstock has something to do with getting the crease. He suggested that I try a heavier cardstock. I mostly use Georgia Pacific 110 weight for white cards I color. I have Stampin' Up cardstock that is heavier (not sure of weight but know that it is heavier) and will give it a try. Thanks Tim Holtz for the response.


























Supplies List 


ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
paper:  cardstock - white 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
stamp:  Hero Arts Holiday Stamps LP209 Enjoy the Season - sentiment
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - aged mahogany, evergreen bought, festive berries
   embossing - Wreath emb folder

Entering this into the following challenges:

  
7/11 Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Ch CHNC Ch184 make your mark UE 7/5

7/13 A Blog Named Hero Ch#47 Color It In UE comb5totch 7/1

7/31 Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Jul Ch UE 7/1 

8/10 Hero Arts One Layer Ch One layer Cardstock, Embellishments allowed  UE 6/27



3 comments:

  1. Does it do this in the Vagabond, too? I really don't know...except to suggest feeding it through at an angle. I know you can't feed it through at much of an angle because of the width of the embossing folder but if you can feed it through at even a bit of an angle you might get a different result. If you feed it through straight there isn't much paper on either side of the folder (where the image is widest) but by angling you give a bit more paper. Not sure though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an annoying problem to have with embossing folders - I hope you sort it out, and thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete