Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Cherry on Top" Card

Created what I'm calling the "Cherry on Top" card. Had about 5 do overs on this card. I thought I would try to sand the edges of the leaves & totally messed up the stems. I got glue on some of the pieces and it was noticeable even after using distress stain ink. I thought perhaps I would trim teh leaves with decorative edge scissors but made a mess of the leaf after a few snips. Forget what the other mistakes I made but finally came up with this.


















Closeup:



















Inside of card:


















Entering this into the following challenge:

Cricut Cardz Challenge #86 Tutti Fruitti - make card using fruit, any cartridge, color or occasion

Card opens bottom to top instead of right to left like most cards I make.

Preserves Cricut cartridge 3" cherry1 & layers, made 2 of the cherry shift pieces

Paper:
Base 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white cardstock
3 shades of red: light is DCWV red and not sure what the darker or thin sparkly paper(5" x 4" embossed piece on front & 2 3/8" x 1 1/8" piece with stamped border on inside) is
2 shades of green core-dinations: Shamrock - darker & Lime - lighter

Cuttlebug Preserves embossing folder

ribbon trends - Cherries

studio g clear stamp cherry border on inside

11 comments:

  1. How cute! And I am in love with that embossing folder. This is the first time I've seen it used. Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time using the Preserves embossing folder. It has two 5" x 7" embossing folders (Pears & not sure what to call the 2nd circle design) and two 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" embossing folders (Cherry/Strawberry & Lemon). Wish that it would have had a Cherry one separate & a Strawberry one separate and not had the circle design one that I'm not sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly adorable. Love the embossing. Great job. You commented on the apple card and the apple and the leaf came from the wrap it up cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa, what an adorable card...great job. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is sooo SWEET!I TOTALLY LOVE this embossing,GREAT job!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute- I love that the embossing matches the cherries! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, the embossing is a perfect fit. Great Job! TFS Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Perfect embossing folder!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background embossing and your cherry goes so well together
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, love your embossing choice, it just goes beautifully with your cut image!, thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel so behind the times. I did not know that there were embossing folders to go with the Preserves cartridge. Really sets off the cut. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete