Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Butterfly Card - My First Tent Fold Card

Created this card after learning how to make a Tent Fold Card.














Side view:



















Entering into the following challenges:

Ambers Crafts and Stuff
Challenge - 21 - Sparkle & Shine


Birthday Sundaes
Challenge #21 Anything Goes


Craft Spot Ch #20 It's hot out there use hot bright colors

Monday Challenge #20 - It's hot out there!


Crafty Sprouts Tent Card
Pop up a Tent Card Video and Challenge

Challenge Me Monday #72 Let's Get Buggy

Hero Arts Aug Creatures & Kids Cards Challenge

Tuesday Throwdown #61 Challenge Birthday


Pooh and Friends Cricut cartridge butterfly3 icon p24 3"

Paper:
Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white cardstock
hot/bright blue
white cardstock

Recollections paper named Butterfly Wings: hot/bright green, 2 shades of hot/bright pink


Score 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" at 1/2", 1 1/2" & 2 1/2"

Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Small
#3, #5 dies of 6 dies with #1 being the smallest

ribbon trends Balloons

Hero Arts small greetings rubber stamp Happy Birthday
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

2 hot/bright pink gems on Butterfly
Fiskars 1 1/2" scallop punch
foam mounting tape

18 comments:

  1. Very colorful. Good job on the tent card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this card is sooo PRETTY and colorful!I LOVE the sweet butterfly and the great fold,AWESOME job with it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this fold and the window aperture effect
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the fold..and the butterfly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the window in the front, you have to stop by my house and teach me how to make a tent card, lol!

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cut out w/pretty fun butterfly- Cool fold too! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!! I love the bright colors and that butterfly cut is adorable!

    I just might have to try a tent fold, I've never made them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog... I really appreciate your sweet comments.

    Hugs,
    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card, Melissa! You did a great job with the tent card!! I love the cutout and the butterfly is so pretty :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have something for you on my blog
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOO Cute!! I love the bright colors and the butterfly is adorable!! Thank you so much for joining in my tent card challenge!

    Lots of Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa, great "tent" card...very nice work. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the peek a boo window and butterfly!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovey card!! I really like that fold....I haven't head of it before. Thanks for linking up this week at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card. Congrats on your first tent card. Thanks for crafting with us today at FCCB. We hope to see a lot more of you.

    Carissa
    www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this the other day and meant to get here sooner! This is super cute! I love the bright colors you chose and the tent fold is super fun! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and Birthday Sundaes this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card! The colour combination is fantastic and I love the butterfly through the window! I've never made a tent fold card before - but will have to give it a go!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot and Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cute- I need to try this tent card. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card!! You did a great job with the tent fold! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete