Tabs at Top of Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zoo Gorilla Scrapbook Layout

Created this Gorilla Scrapbook Layout using photos of a
Lowland Gorilla named Hercules at the Dallas Zoo.

When I saw Hercules with the straw on his back I knew I
had to photograph that. Watched Hercules take the straw
and unload it and then he layed down on the bed of straw.
Unfortunately where he was was too far even for my
300mm zoom lens I was using. These photographs are
taken thru glass using Landscape mode & no flash
to avoid glass glare.






















Closeups:

Wonder if I should use a black Sharpie & silver marker
to highlight the Cricut cuts. What do you think?



































Entering this into the following challenges:

Critter Sketch Challenge Blog

Anything But a Card - Challenge #81


Lasting Memories Layout Challenge
Kicking Off With New Members, A New Challenge and ...
"Simply You"
I like to photograph animals & include them in scrapbook layouts

Paper Cutz Challenge #107 "Zoo Times Two"
create card, layout or paper craft using at least 2 Cricut cut or stamped images of zoo animals
add dimension or bling & use any colors or occasion

Paper Variety Blogaversary Day 3



Cricut cartridges:
Animal Kingdom 3 1/2" Gorilla head
Zoo Day Lite 3 1/2" Gorilla

Paper:
12" x 12" Base green core'dinations cardstock
yellow cardstock
DCWV Safari Chic

2 black buttons, raffia

2 brads painted black for gorilla eyes
Tulip Metallics Black dimensional paint

Featured 9/10/11 for my Zoo Gorilla Hercules Scrapbook Layout

Lasting Memories



18 comments:

  1. This is so so cute!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the gorilla with the brad eyes- he is so cute! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME job with your layout!The pictures are great and LOVE the cool cuts,Just got back from my holiday,trying to get caught up with my comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that little gorilla face...cool that you got those photos...love watching the gorillas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun LO, really great inspiration photos! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch for our "Anything but a card" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great layout! I love your photos too! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Critter Sketch challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great LO and great shots too! I'm a photographer as well, so I know what you mean about trying to get them in close enough, avoid glare etc! Love the raffia touch, really pulls everything together! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout. Love the raffia and buttons behind the die cut. I don't think it's necessary to highlight the cricut cuts. Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well for how far you said Hercules was.. you got some great shots!! I love how you added the raffia to mimic the straw!! So clever and really ties it all in!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!!
    ~Michele
    LM DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh and one more thing... I like your gorilla cut the way it is. A sillouette is perfect for this page of great photos. No highlighting necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome scrapbook page! Thanks for sharing it with us at Critter Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have so many zoo pictures and never seem to get them scrapped. This is awesome. I love your silhouette of the gorilla and me personally, I would leave it as is. Great job.
    Thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories.
    Hugs
    Brenda LMDTM
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute! I love that gorilla face! When I saw "close up" I was sure hoping it wasn't a close up of that butt shot....lol.
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure managed to get really good pics for as far away he was!! I love the blackout of the gorilla...I wouldn't change anything about the LO...looks great!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! xoxo Charity LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Melissa... check out the Lasting Memories blog today when you get a chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was happy to find out that this Zoo Gorilla Hercules scrapbook layout was featured on Lasting Memories today 9/10/11. I'm proudly displaying the "I'm featured on lasting Memories" button on my blog sidebar.

    Thanks for the nice comments & letting me know that no highlighting of the Cricut cuts is needed and they look great just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete