Tabs at Top of Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Antique/Vintage Telephone Card

Created this Antique/Vintage Telephone Card
to resemble the Telephone you see next to the
card in the photo. The Telephone next to the card
is a music box (wind up is on the bottom, it still
winds up & plays, not sure ) that I was given
when younger. Music box made by Marca Music
of NY. Music box phone measures 2 1/4" x 4 1/2"
and is almost 2" tall.














Closeup:


















Entering this into the following challenge:

Cher's Studio Digi Bistro This to That Challenge #7
tags - you must place a tag somewhere on card or project
The Digi Bistro

Cricut Blog

World Card-Making Day Contest!


Die Cuttin Diva
I went with Antique/Vintage as in the Antique telephone

Challenge #34: Shabby Chic or Vintage


Scrapalicious USA

Challenge~Anything Goes!



Tuesday Throwdown #68

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE

Main Challenge: "Thinking of You"


Whimsical Wednesday
"Anything Goes"


Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge 6" phone
first I tried 4" and phone was small,
so then I tried 6" real dial size on but when I cut
layer 1 the pieces were too big for the phone,
anyone know why this is?

Paper:
clear vellum
core'dinations - Gem Jasper & Iced Cocoa

hand calligraphy of sentiment 'thinking of you' & 'phone me' on tag
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Spool O' Ribbon brown ribbon
Stampabilities Old Telephone rubber stamp
Memento Rich Coca ink

13 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love the phone! Thanks for sharing with us at DCD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and I love your vintage phone music box...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous shape-- never seen one like this before!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun shaped card! It brings back memories- we had one of these in black when I was a kid! I thought your music box was a real phone! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a black phone like this when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. same kind of phone i grew up with :) cute card :) thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back again to Tuesday Throwdow and what a super cute phone you shared this week. Great work and thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous.I thought it was a real phone too!
    Thanks for telling me about my win at BBTB2,with the time difference I woke to your comment and was all excited!
    Good luck in your challenges.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I love the shape and tag. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT job with your card!I LOVE the fun shape and idea,Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love Love your Tag and that adorable phone! TFS, linking up over at Cher's Studio's and playing along with us at The Digi Bistro :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card!!! Neat music box!!
    Using real dial size makes every cut at the size you set... even the smaller pieces... they are no longer in proportion, so shadows and layers no longer fit. HTH!

    ReplyDelete