Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hawaii Helicopter Scrapbook Layout

Created this Hawaii Helicopter scrapbook layout of what
was a highlight of our family vacation in Maui, Hawaii.
We took a helicopter ride from Maui to Molokai
where the first Jurassic Park movie was filmed.

No backpacks, no camera bags & no purses were allowed
since there is not much space. I took my camera & put the
300mm lens on it so I could get good distance photos. I put
the smaller lens in my pocket if I wanted to change out the lens
and figured I'd just hold the longer lens in my lap which I did
when I changed the lenses. Put the extra battery & memory cards
in my pocket along with a smaller camera. I was prepared. I had a
smaller cam
era which I handed to the pilot to take the family photo
which I'm glad I did.

This was first time for my family ever to ride in a helicopter.
There were 2 other people aboard the helicopter (a girl same age as
my daughter & her father). The mother stayed back at the helicopter place.

Enjoyed seeing Hawaii bee-utiful waterfalls, whales, the coastline &
the pilot made rainbows by cutting thru the clouds with the prop of the helicopter.














Entering this into the following challenge:

Cooking With Cricut

CWC#49 Family Fun


The Stamp Man Challenge Blog
Challenge #30 - Travel

Everyday Paper Dolls helicopter width 4" height 1 1/2"
used Gypsy to hide contour of first aid cross symbol on helicopter &
made the helicopter width long like the helicopter we rode in

Paper:
12" x 12" Base turquoise blue
scraps of sky paper & water paper
helicopter - dark blue & denim blue (liked the gray tint to this & since there was no shadow of image of the helicopter I cut both pieces same size & used denim blue as shadow)
white cardstock for photo matting

6 comments:

  1. What a great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win last week!! Great layout! I love the photos too. This looks a fun time. TFS and thanks for being a part of our challenge at Cooking WIth Cricut.
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome trip this must have been, Melissa! How cool that you got to see a whale from the helicopter! I just love this layout - a beautiful reminder of a special trip!! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout! What a moment to remember! Thank you once again for sharing and playing along with us at CookingWithCricut.com

    Melin
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your LO, Melissa! The photo of the whale is awesome. Thanks for linking up to Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete