Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Adventure awaits Card - Hero Arts YouLiftMeUp - Stamping, Heat Embossing, Ink Blending

Was inspired by a video I watched by Jeannie Lieu. Used Hero Arts You Lift Me Up stamps, heat embossing, and ink blending.

Learned something new. Did not know that you could use VersaFine Onyx Black ink, clear embossing powder and heat emboss it instead of using VersaMark ink and black embossing powder which tends to be messy. Used painter's tape to mask off the ink blended areas.

Was fun to watch the heat embossing of the hot air balloon. The photo does not do the heat embossing sparkle justice. 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#heroarts 

#mymonthlykit 

 

 

 

Supplies

cardstock/paper: white, black

embossing: Stampendous Transparent embossing powder

Hero Arts:

  stamp - You Lift Me Up

ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

other: painter's tape

Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - fired brick, seedless preserves,

  wild honey, speckled egg, mustard see (I did not have

  fossilized amber), peeled paint

other: burlap

Simon: die - Nested Banners 

Tim Holtz: tool - stapler (to attach burlap tag)

tool: heat embossing tool


The Close To My Heart CTMH May - Jun  catalog and Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.


My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com


Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.

 

Entering in:

Simon Mon Ch Mixed Media  3/5  6/13 

Simon Wed Ch Create a Scene  1/5  6/15

Stay Crafty with Hero Ch24 For the Guys  7/8


 

The Male Room Ch151 Dads & Grandads  6/29




 

 

 

 

Word Art Wed Wks #495-496  3/5/1stwk  6/22

 

4 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful -- love the colors you selected for background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have placed all the images with the gorgeous background. Thank you so much for joining us in our Dads & GrandDads challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your masculine card, love the colors you selected.
    Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Majda, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great masculine card! I love the stripes of color on the background. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    Maja DT

    ReplyDelete