Tabs at Top of Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sweethearts Tandem Bike Card

Created this Tandem Bike card using Sweethearts Cricut cartridge. When I bought the cartridge last yr I wanted it specifically for the tandem bike cut. Some of you may know & other may not but I tell people I can pilot a single-engine plane but cannot ride a regular bike unless it is a tandem bike like one that hubby & I have. I had a tricycle when younger that was red. Growing up we lived off a highway and older sister got a regular bike but I did not and did not get a chance to learn to ride. Later after college I took flying lessons; thus reason why I can pilot a single-engine plane.
















Sweethearts Cricut cartridge bike 3"

Used paper: 2 shades of blue, 2 shades of green & white that were in 2011 Online Summer Card Camp Wk 4 (last wk) color palette.

Used a couple of stickers: 2 flowers & basket decor (all in same color palette)

twine for bike tire spokes (took quite awhile to use the mini pop dots to do this but was well worth it)

brads for tire embellishing

Martha Stewart grass edge punch

foam adhesives

Zig 2 way glue pen to put this together

Entering this into following challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC12 - Here's the Rub using a rub-on or a sticker - 2 flower stickers & a sticker on bike basket
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC12

CRICUT 360º - Challenge # 4 - Outdoors


Die Cuttin Divas

Challenge #24: Shaped Die-Cut Cards


More Than Favors by Paula CCCC#25 - Sweethearts

CCCC #25 - Sweethearts


Paper Cutz Challenge #101 anything goes

Paper Cutz Challenge #101

20 comments:

  1. Super cute card... great take on the challenge...Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360º...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing bike! Love the relaxing background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so gorgeous.

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! But if you can't ride a bike I don't think I'd let you pilot my plane! ;) Love that bike cut! You need to get a photo of you and your husband on your bike and do a scrapbook layout of it with this Cricut cut. That would be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there's the phrase "I'd rather be ..." and so in my case it would be completed with "flying" or "riding a tandem bike with hubby." I'll have to have daughter take a photo of the 2 of us. When I announced the birth of my daughter I used a picture of a tandem bike with a part added to it to make it a bike built for 3 and we actually had what is called a hitchhiker that attached to back of bike for daughter and to ride the bike it felt like riding a truck since more weight was being added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cricut360.blogspot.com!
    Deb C
    bugjuiced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great card and love all the details! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa, super fun card...love it. The details are awesome, cool bike. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome, Melissa! I love that cut - I have Sweethearts and didn't realize it had that adorable tandem bike on there! I love the colors you used and the grass and flowers! Fabulous card!! Thanks so much for stopping by for the Operation Owl and Christmas in July Blog Hops!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! It makes me feel like I'm at the park enjoying a spring day! Thanks for taking me out of the heat for a bit! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! I love this card! What a cute way to use this cut! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! Love the tandem bike cut. Thanks for playing along at Cricut 360.

    Leirad
    leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute. I love how it pops out. Thanks for joining us at Cricut360.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut 360!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - twine for the spokes? I'm so amazed! I love how you put this card together, with so many sweet details. TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. great pop up card! Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an awesome card.I love the tandem bike and the scene you have created

    ReplyDelete
  18. I not only like this card, but it makes me think that I should be out riding on a bike. Great job! Thank you for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute I love the colors.


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute!

    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete