Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Tip Thursday 9/10/20 - Color Tags & Dry Embossing

Welcome to a Tip on Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant, and I want to share some tips I have learned in a weekly tutorial named Tip on Thursday.

Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I used, comment below & share a photo of what you made using the Tip.

For this Tip on Thursday I want to share with you how to make color tags and do dry embossing. This will allow you to have the colors on hand to look at and decide what to coordinate with.

If you would like me to make you a set of the color tags (without  the metal ring) please comment or message me.

Supplies & Tools you will need are:

1. cardstock - new colors
    Blue Belle, Scarlet, Cinnamon, Avocado, Grape, Dessert Rose 

2. Die to cut tags - I used Tags & Tabs Z3726 










3. Die cutting machine - mine is a Sizzix BIGkick
4. Die cutting plates qty 2
5. Embossing plates (you can use same die cutting plates but I have 2 that are not all scratched up and use for embossing only
6. Shims qty 2
7. washi tape
8. pen to write color names - I used a calligraphy fountain pen 
9. metal ring to put tags on 

Steps



 1. Cut the cardstock 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
  to fit the tag die that is 2" x 3 3/8"

















2. Use washi tape to attach the die to cardstock so it does not shift when die cutting














3. Using a die cutting plate put die face up and cover with 2nd die cutting plate
















4. Run the die cut thru the die cutting machine
















5. Using embossing plates adjust the tabs on die cutting machine base for embossing. Put die cut face down on embossing plate, put shims on top, cover with 2nd embossing plate.


















6. Run thru die cutting/embossing machine

 7. You will get a nice crisp dry embossed look















8. Repeat die cutting & dry embossing for each color cardstock













9. When done die cutting & dry embossing write the names of the colors on the tags.
















10. Place the tags on the metal ring.

















The Close To My Heart CTMH Sept-Oct & new Core catalog items are available. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.

My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com


2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your tip and using the tags on a metal ring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tip Melissa! Great idea to expand my paper sampler ring

    ReplyDelete