Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Tip Thursday 8/27/20 Watercolor Pencil Colors

Welcome to a Tip on Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant, and I want to share some tips I have learned in a weekly tutorial named Tip on Thursday.

Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I used, comment below & share a photo of what you made using the Tip.

For this Tip on Thursday I want to share with you the use of watercolor pencil colors.

Supplies & Tools you will need are:

1. watercolor cardstock
2. ink - I chose VersaFine Onyx Black

3. stamp - I chose A Koala-ty Day Z3735

























4. watercolor pencil colors - I used Milan 24 pc 431 Water Soluble Pencil Colors. The colors I used are: a) Elephant Gray for Koala b) Earth Brown, Wood Brown & Sand Brown (in that order) for tree c) Turtle Green, Grass Green (in that order) for leaves















 














5. paint brush - watercolor pencil color set I used came with a paint brush

6. water

7. paper towel - to dab paint brush on & clean paint brush with

Steps 

1. Stamp on watercolor cardstock




























2. Color stamped image with pencil colors



























3. Use paint brush with water on the pencil color image, cleaning the paint brush for each of the 3 main colors (grey, browns, greens)




























The Close To My Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog is available thru 8/31. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.

My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com


Entering this in:

Simon Mon Ch Beautiful Botanicals  3/5  8/30
  botanicals - leaves on Eucalyptus tree

Simon Wed Ch Anything Goes  2/5  9/1
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice tip - the brush works great after coloring with the pencils! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your koala card is adorable! I love using watercolor pencils too...fast and easy. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete