Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thurs Tip 8/13/20 - MakingA3DShapedCardTag - Sunglasses

Welcome to a Tip on Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant, and I want to share some tips I have learned in a weekly tutorial named Tip on Thursday.

Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I used and comment below.

For first Tip on Thursday I want to share with you how to make a 3D Shaped Card/Tag. The tag can be flipped up to be used for a journaling tag on a scrapbook page or placed on a card to flip up and have a special message written inside. 

Supplies & Tools you will need are:
1. die & stamp - I chose Summer Vibes Scrapbooking Z3745




















2. cardstock - measuring 4" x 3 1/2" (it can be smaller but this seems to work for me when cutting & then stamping for the sunglass image)  
3. scoring tool - I use a Martha Stewart scoring board
4. ink - I chose Intense black
5. washi tape
6. die cutting machine, cutting base, cutting plates - I have a Sizzix BIGkick

Steps
1. Cut cardstock 4" x 3 1/2" 
2. Score along 4" side at 2"















3. Fold on score line
4. Attach die to folded cardstock using washi tape with part of the sunglasses peeking up over the folded part. This is important to have die just above the fold.




5. Using die cutting machine, put a cutting plate on base, place the cardstock at an angle (this reduces the noise & wear on the die when cutting) on cutting plate, place top cutting plate over cardstock.




















Yes, my cutting plates are well used & work just fine.























I like the scoop cut and the rest of the top sunglass shape is left intact; thus creating the 3D tag.



























6. After cutting use negative cut cardstock & cut piece folded out to stamp image. 






















7. Color & embellish however you want. I used Bluebell Shimmer pen.


 












The Close To My Heart CTMH Jul-Aug catalog is available thru 8/31. My CTMH website link is below or you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a free stamp set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of $30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order. Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.

My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com
 
Entering this in:

Cut It Up Ch Shaped Card  1/1 8/15

DL.ART Aug Linky  1E/day  8/31

Simon Mon Ch Summer Memories  1/5  8/16

Simon Wed Ch MidSummer Blues  1/5 8/18

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great tip Melissa. Love the blue sparkle and you really nailed that fold perfectly. This would be cute on a card or scrapbook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY. Hope u ck back each wk for new tip each Thurs.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute Melissa - a nice tutorial - so tips on Thursday is going to be a normal for awhile - will stop by again - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Gail. I'm not video savy but wanted to give tips with instructions so the step by step photographing seemed best.

      Delete
  4. This sunglasses-shaped card is perfect for a beach-going friend!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Shaped Card challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous shaped card!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete