Tabs at Top of Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Thank You Card using Winter Colors Blue Purple Silver White

Created this Thank You Card using Winter
Colors: Blue, Purple, Silver & White.

Was inspired by the Cards May 2011 magazine
Thank You Card p143 by Lea Lawson.


















Entering this into the following challenges:

1. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog unlim entries 1st entry ends 1/5

Challenge 72 ~ Winter Colors


2. Diana Larson a Thank You Card lim 3 entries 2nd entry ends 1/14
THANKFUL THURSDAY- A CHALLENGE AND A GIVEAWAY $15...


3. Jaihart Link Up ends 1/6

Sit Back, Relax, and Look at all the Loveliness


4. Rainbow Ladys Challenge lim 2 entries 2nd entry
CHALLENGE 185.... THE LAST FOR 2011 - YOUR CHOICE


5. The Pink Elephant ends 1/8

The Pink Elephant - TPE129

Our theme this week is: Anything Goes


6. VO Stamps Victorine Originals #24 unlim entries 7th entry ends 1/7
used 2 Cricut die cut images as front layers
Victorine Originals #24 - Punch Challenge

Storybook Cricut Font cartridge
3.75" x 1" - Thank You
4.5" x 3" & 5" x 3.5" - Accent Blackout

Paper:
core-dinations:
Moonstone Gemstone - blue
SERENE - purple
DCWV winter matstack - blue, purple & white pattern paper
silver glitter cardstock - Thank You

4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Base Moonstone Gem - blue

foam adhesives
purple Spool 'O Ribbon
Scotch ATG adhesive
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Zig 2 way glue pen - used to glue thew words 'Thank You' to front & this helped where there
was a slight tear between the words at the swirl between 'Thank' & 'You

18 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Using one of my all-time favorite carts...Storybook! Great work!
    Happy New Year!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Gorgeous! My link party is up! Come join us! ♥ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and I love Storybook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card...love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty thank you card. Thank you for linking it up to my Thankful Thursday Thank you card Challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, I am loving the sparkly letters! :) Happy New Year my friend!
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa this is SUCH a pretty card!! I LOVE making thank you cards!! Good luck on the challenges!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card- I love the combo of colors for a Holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. The tricky part at least tricky for me was cutting the words Thank You out of the silver glitter paper. 1st attempt did not cut thru enough (did not have the pressure & blade set correctly). 2nd attempt I used even though the words tore slightly at the swirl between 'Thank' & 'You' and with Zig 2 way glue pen the words looked ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! I really like wintertime but I love the colors of the other seasons better. Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such a sweet comment. It means the world to me and I love hearing from fellow Texans especially! Good luck in the contest!

    Anne (aka Anniebee)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card...gotta love purple and polka dots!

    I got my Imagine at Wal-Mart on Black Friday also. I did not open it until Dec. 26th because of the many comments I read on forums about it not working, etc. I was giving serious consideration to returning it. I was encouraged by a few bloggers out there that said keep it and don't give up. I watched several you tube videos before trying to calibrate. The calibration process was not working for me. After 3 tries I was very frustrated. Then I realized an error I was making...I had to push the mat in 5-6" and keep pressure on it until the machine took it AND not touch the mat at all when it came out the back, which I was doing. I think I expected it to be more similar to my Expression. I gave it one more try and it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card, Thank you for stopping by my blog today!! Thanks for letting me know that i won over at Hiding In My craft Room!! I hadn't seen it or been on blogger since lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More of my favorite colors... super creation. Thanks again Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great...love the shape, Melissa. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from Jill's linky party- really pretty card, love the purple with the blue and white! I'm going to have to break that out, lol!
    Hugs,
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete