Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cheetah Card using something not intended for crafting

Created this Cheetah Card using
something not intended for crafting.

I used butcher meat wrapping paper.
When I shop the Sprouts grocery
store where I buy fruit, vegs & meats
they wrap the meat in the brown butcher
wrapping paper which is like freezer
paper that has a shiny side & a non-shiny
side. They place the meat which in my
case was Sweet Italian Sausage (am I
making you hungry?) in a plastic bag before
wrapping in the brown butcher wrapping
paper so when I went home I unwrapped
and thought what if this paper would look
cool if I embossed on the shiny side of it.

Stamped the sentiment on the ribbon. On
inside I'm going to write a note to my Hubby
and put the card in his backpack that he
takes to work.



















Cheetahs are a favorite wild animal of mine.

Bee-utiful furs are worn by
Bee-utiful animals
not by
Bee-utiful people!

Photographed this bee-utiful Cheetah
at the Kansas City Zoo using my 300mm
Canon lens & Canon T1i Canon camera.


















Entering this into the following challenges:

1. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog unlim entries 7th entry ends 1/27
Challenge #75 ~ Embossing


2. A Muse Studio ends 1/29

Stamping on anything BUT paper


3. Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe ends 2/2
entered Ch#1 and my Mail Digi Girl Card was selected as a Chalkboard Winner
both Ch #1 & #2 allow for use of any chalks & stamps
this time I'm using one of their
Stamp N Plus Scrap N Cheetah stamps I bought
chalk I ordered arrived Fri 1/27
future challenges will require use of their products only &
they have free shipping thru 1/31

Challenge #2 Direct to paper


4. Crafting When We Can Ch#10 lim 5 ch total lim 2 entries 1st entry ends 2/3
mine is the butcher meat wrapping paper I embossed on

Challenge 10

I hear you ask well you need to enter into our challenge this fortnight which is

SOMETHING NOT INTENDED FOR CRAFTING
this can be wallpaper, bubble wrap, foil, paperclips, even ribbon and buttons...
The more imaginative the better!

5. Friday Mashup
my new is the using of the butcher meat wrapping paper that I embossed on

FM#43 Try Something New!


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Something NEW in your stash". (Stamps, ribbon, pretty paper...anything!)
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "using the Sketch & something NEW in your stash".


Paper:
5 1/2" x 7 5/8" Base white cardstock
5 1/2" x 7 5/8" core'dinations Brownie
Cheetah paper digitally printed on cardstock on my computer
butcher meat wrapping paper

adhesives: foam, Scotch ATG, therm-o-web supertape
Celebrate It Basic narrows white ribbon
Cuttlebug Animal Prints embossing folder
Fiskars corner rounder
Inkadinkado Bold Brights Blending Chalk - brown & white
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Sharpie - black used on edges of cut out stamped image

Stamp N Plus Scrap N Cheetah rubber stamp
unmounted, they put the sticky cling stuff on it so I could use it on my block at no extra cost
mounted on wood block cost more & I prefer the style that I can use on a block

TPC Studio Hugs & Kisses Clear Stamp - i love you

21 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    This is a great card. And I love butcher paper. I use it all the time in my classroom.
    You are the winner on my blog of the blog candy from the COOKING WITH CRICUT BLOG HOP from last week.

    If yiu wikl send me your address, I will get it in the mail to you. Congratulations!!
    Charlotte Wilson
    http://alittlebitofdetail.blogspot.com
    wilsonca at vestavia dot k12 dot al dot us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another win. I love this card great cheetahs image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Isn't is cool to use everyday, ordinary items for such creative projects! We papercrafters can see beauty is just about everything! Great job using the butcher paper!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card & Cheetah photo- I love it when non-craft intended things make it onto projects! Congrats on your win as well!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE stamping on ribbon! You did a wonderful job! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing how we find ordinary objects to use in our craft. I love that reuse and recycle aspect of crafting, it also helps the budget!

    Your card is fabulous. I love that embossed panel and the stamped ribbon.

    Thanks for joining our challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use that paper and emboss it!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, don't you love all the animal stamps at Stamp N Plus Srap N. Thanks for entering in our second challenge at Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe. I also know your chalks are on the way!

    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome!! The picture you took of the cheetah is fabulous!! And how creative to use the butcher paper!!

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Congrats on your previous win...and glad you are enjoying the stamps and your chalk should be arriving soon!! I know she mailed them out!!! So glad you joined us for challenge #2...and hope to see you for Challenge #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you obviously like to play and create and its soooo inspiring seeing how you are not afraid to jump right in and also play with odd and unusual mediums.

    Very cool

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stamp N Plus Scrap N Chalk ordered has arrived. Not used this type of chalk (loose powder) before so I'll need to practice. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome chalk, you can use a very small amount on cottonball, q-tip and mix with paints, glue and other mixables to get various looks. I have a tutorial on chalk and glue on my blog. You only have to use a very small amount with glue and or paint and mix on an acrylic block. How many chalks did you get and what colors? If you got Stardust it will make any of the other colors metallic looking. you can also mix a tiny amount in a bottle of water and spary like glimmers. i love my chalks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card. Nice use of the butcher paper. Thanks for joining the Chalk Ah Lot Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. luv the idea of the brown paper you added...perfect....thanks for joining us at the Friday MashUP...have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card. And I love the note that you are going to have inside your creation.

    ppc courses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice play on the cheetah spots for the background. Thanks' for playing at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. FUN! Love it. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Sunshine HoneyBee, I love the natural look you have achieved with the colours and paper you have used it works perfectly with your wonderful cheetah image.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the skin of cheetah... so hot and very powerful. excellent one you got there.
    web design ventura

    ReplyDelete