Welcome to Tip Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant/Maker, and I want to share some tips I have learned in a weekly tutorial named Tip on Thursday.
Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I use. Please let me know if you found this helpful. If you know of any corrections that need to be made please let me know.
Today, I want to show you how to use Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy to make a background postage stamp shape to go with the CTMH Sending Love Postage stamp. This will be in 2 parts. First part will cover the Cricut and 2nd part will cover a tip on stamping using negative cut (next Thurs 2/4)
Screen shots show how to retrieve the postage stamp image, #M450F2, from Cricut Art Philosophy and size it (2" x 2") to be a background for CTMH Sending Love Postage stamp.
select means to click on what is indicated
<enter> means to press enter
1. Using Design Space select:
3. Type in
4. Click on CTMH Art Philosophy
5. Type in
After selecting postage stamp, #M450F2, it will appear on screen in Design Space. It is a rectangle by default and you will change size to make it a 2" square.
6. Change Height to 2.0"
7. Then the only way you can change width and not have height already changed to change from 2" is to Unlock by clicking the
lock icon (bottom left of image)
8. Change Width to 2.0"
10. Move the frame part of image to right
11. Delete the frame part of image moved to right
12. Duplicate image so you can make multiple of image if you like
13. If more than one of image line up each on canvas
17. Make sure you have chosen the proper material &
18. Save both the cut piece & the piece of cardstock that image was cut from (negative piece).
Remember to come back next Thurs 2/4 for 2nd part of stamping using negative.
cartridge - CTMH Art Philosophy
machine - Cricut Explore Air 2
cardstock/paper - color of your choice (I used pink 3" x 12")
stamp - Sending Love Postage #M1286
The Close To My Heart CTMH Jan. - Feb. catalog and new Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or
you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a
free stamp set/die set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of
$30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice
as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order.
Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by
clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.
My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com