Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Hot Choc w/ Marshmallows Season's Greetings Card

I like Hot Chocolate; especially with marshmallows when it is Winter time. My fav Hot Chocolates are Coldstone which I discovered last yr. There is a Coldstone Ice Cream place here and in the grocery store I found box of Hot Chocolate packets made by Coldstone. Other Hot Chocolates I like are Ghiradelli & Swiss Miss.

For the Hot Chocolate Mug I used Stampin' Up stamp, marker & die. Inked Mug stamp with Memento Bahama Blue, wiped off the area that is the Hot Chocolate part, used an SU Chocolate Chip marker to color the Hot Chocolate, stamped on white cardstock, cut with SU die and did further cutting with a blade cutter that hubby gave me to cut out the inner part of the handle. If I had designed the SU die I would have had it have the inner part as part of the cut out of the die.

Popped up the mug with foam mounting tape. Added Glossy accents to Hot Chocolate part of mug. Added 2 pieces of foam mounting tape with vellum on top for marshmallow look.

For sentiment stamped Hero Arts sentiment on vellum, cut out with SU punch, attached to card with glue dots & added blue gems.

For snowflake edge used Martha Stewart snowflake corner & edge punches.

Attached the white cardstock to blue cardstock.

Used 2 of the Snowflakes punched out on inside if card.






















Supplies List 


gems: the Paper Studio His & Hers 2 blue
Glossy accents: added to Hot Chocolate part of mug
inks: Memento - Bahama Blue
paper: vellum, cardstock - blue, white
punch: Martha Stewart - Aspen snowflake corner & edge
stamp: Hero Arts Holiday Stamps
Stampin' Up: die - Holiday Collection Framelits, marker - Chocolate Chip,
   punch - Decorative Label, stamp - Scentsational Season
tape: foam mounting tape to pop up the mug & for marshamallows

Entering this into the following challenges:

8/23 Jo's Scrap Shack Anything Goes unlim 8/16

8/27 Perfect Sentiments PSC88 Christmas without Red or Green 3E(#2) 8/21

8/28 A Blog Named Hero Ch#30 Victorious Vellum Use Vellum unlim tot5combch use least 1 HA item 8/15
8/28 MFP Insp Ch25 Looks Like a Lodge 5E(#1) I think of sitting by the fireplace drinking hot choc w/ marshmallows 8/22

8/30 My Sheri Crafts Ch117 Chocolate or Marshmallows unlim 8/17

8 comments:

  1. Yummo! This hot chocolate and marshmallows look yummy!! It's one of the things I look forward to in the winter time!! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get ahead on making Christmas cards isn't it! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Wow..a jump start to Christmas cards...I should be doing that!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at my Sheri Crafts!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    My Sheri Crafts Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    What a wonderful and adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at SpeedyTV's Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and pretty card. I love the blue. The marshmallows was a very creative idea. I love Coldstone ice-cream. I didn't know they did hot chocolate packets either. Thanks, for joining us in the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and not just because I love blue :) Very creative with the hot coco!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Perfect Sentiments and good luck!

    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I really like blue and white for Christmas colors. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete