Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Child Artwork Project - Hugh Laurie of House

Some of you know that I consider my daughter
the true artist in my family. There's a challenge
at Cricut Creative Cutter Room for a child project.
My daughter sketched this of Hugh Laurie star
of tv show "House" for Valentine's Day 2009. I
always say she is spot on with drawing the eyes
and the eyes draw (with no pun intended) you
into the sketch. What do you think?

Matted the sketch on striped paper.


















Entering this into the following challenge:

1. Crafty Creations Ch155 Home Sweet Home lim 2 entries 1st entry 2/1 - 2/7
make proj that will show what "Home Sweet Home" means to you
Thought about it for awhile & I'm going to take a different approach
to this challenge and enter my layout of my daughter's sketch of
Hugh Laurie who plays House on the tv show House; thus instead
of "Home Sweet Home" I'm using the word "House" as what it
means to me

#155- HOME SWEET HOME


2. Cricut Creative Cutter Room ends 2/9
my child's project is a sketch my daughter created of Hugh Laurie
star of a favorite tv show of mine "House"

Design Time Thursday: This is Kid's Stuff


3. The Sisterhood of Crafters lim 3 entries ends 2/4

STRIPES: Use striped paper

YEAH! It's time for another fun challenge here at The Sisterhood.
As the title indicates, today's challenge is:
STRIPES
(use striped paper on your card/project)



Yesterday was my Hubby's birthday, Groundhog's Day.
For dinner I grilled Nolan Ryan steaks on my George
Foreman Grill and made him his favorite cake, Pineapple
Upside-Down Cake. Usually I make a yellow Pineapple
Upside-Down Cake. This year I made a Fudge Marble
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and it was better than the
yellow cake.














Now I'm off to play with my new toy, the wonderful bow
maker, that Cathie of Cricut Creative Cutter Room's
hubby made and I received yesterday, Thurs 2/2. Cathie
also included Bo Bunny Double Dot Double Sided ribbon
in my favorite blue color with my blue zippered bag that I
chose to hold my bow maker. I have not heard of or seen
Double Dot Double Sided ribbon before. Try saying that a
couple times.Heehee. If you have not seen the bow maker
check out my blog sidebar and click on the bow maker image
to find out details. While browsing my blog sidebar you can
also see some new as well as former artwork of my daughter
of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous sketch! You are right about the eyes! The cake looks delicious!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch- it's a very good likeness of the actor!! Happy Birthday to Mr. Sunshine Honeybee! The cake looks yummy! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Your daughter is truly talented. I think the eyes are amazing. Hope you had a great dinner!!! Dessert looks amazing...yum!!
    Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do I think?? I think your daughter is EXTREMELY talented and she has captured 'House' perfectly! Awesome Job!!!
    Yummm ... I haven't had pineapple-upside down cake in ages ... hmmm guess what our dessert is going to be this weekend?! LOL! Thanks for inspiration in so many ways!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘STRIPES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Dr. Gregory House and I think your daughter did capture his look. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your daughter is QUITE the artist!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Please pass on to your daughter that I said she is AWESOME!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Creative Cutter Room!!!

    P.S-Please send some of that dessert my way...YUUUUMMMMYYY!!! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    Jessica
    CraftinandStampin

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY MOLY! That's a perfect House =) And that cake looks good enough to inhale through my computer screen. Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Stripes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great drawing thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter's artwork is truly amazing! She does some stunning work - not only this piece but the ones on your sidebar too. I'm sure you are incredibly proud!

    Thank you for joining us at CCR.

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Her drawing is amazing! Thanks for joining us at the CCR!

    DT Member Tracy
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter, I hope, will continue to draw and never give up on her artistic talent! The eyes do "draw" you in but I was looking at the hand and fingers which are so difficult to do and she is excellent. What a great way to to showcase your daughter's talent by incorporating your gifts of card making with her gift of drawing.

    ReplyDelete