Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Gift Pkg Shaped Thank You Cards

Created these Clean & Simple Gift Pkg Shaped
Thank You Cards to send out to thank for Christmas
gifts & my daughter's birthday (her 20th birthday
was 12/27) gifts. They are similar to the Birthday
Card made & posted on 12/29
Gift Pkg Shaped Birthday Card
but these have a Thank You sentiment tag & no glitter.

Used Life's a Party Cricut cartridge Gift Card option.
Seem to be in my fav color mood of blue & white
. You
can see the light blue since I did not use glitter on these.


Daughter wrote her thank you note on inside right side.
Hubby & I wrote our thank you note and New Year

wishes on inside left side.















Celebrated daughter's 20th birthday 12/27.

In the morn we enjoyed the new Sherlock Holmes movie.

Daughter before opening her 20th birthday gifts.
If you look carefully some of you may remember
the easel style birthday card I made awhile ago in

center foreground. Also, she likes Owls so I could
not resist the felt Owl bag that I bought at World
Market and some of you may wonder why I did

not make one myself with my Cricut well this one
was only $2 clearance priced in the after Halloween
sale and it was not even Thanksgiving which is what
the tag indicated it was. The cake box in the center
foreground was given to daughter on a prior birthday
so I made use of it again.


















Daughter before she blew out the candles on the
birthday cake I made. Used a Hershey cake recipe
that I had not made before. Cake was fudgy but tasty
nonetheless.


















Celebrated daughter's birthday with a friend that she
has known since the 4th grade (they are not boyfriend
girlfriend but best of friends). Had lunch at her fav
Japanese restaurant where she has been going for
many yrs to celebrate her birthday. They photograph
& put it in a folder for you to keep.


















Entering this into the following challenges:

1. Anything Challenge #57 The Colour Blue & one other Colour unlim entries 3rd entry ends 1/9
my colours are blue & white with the ribbon as the white
Challenge 57 - The Colour Blue and one other Colou...


2. Diana Larson a Thank You Card lim 3 entries 1st entry ends 1/14
the 3 cards here are all the same, posted in one and count as 1 entry
THANKFUL THURSDAY- A CHALLENGE AND A GIVEAWAY $15...


3. Paper Playtime unlim entries 4th entry ends 12/31
Ch# 63 - Say It With Sentiments - ANYTHING GOES


4. VO Stamps Victorine Originals #24 unlim entries 5th entry ends 1/7
the card is a die cut which I believe is also can count as a punch and
I used a Fiskars 1 1/2" scallop circle punch for the tag that sentiment is stamped on
Victorine Originals #24 - Punch Challenge


Life's a Party Cricut cartridge
x = 0.25 y = 7.25 7.24" x 4.5" Gift Card option - used Gypsy to hide the fold cuts
x = 0.25 y = 0.87 3.72" x 4.5" Gift Card option Shift - 4 front parts
x = 5.39 y = 0.87 3.45" x 4.5" Gift Layer - made 2 for each card for total of 6 on inside
to write thank you notes on

Paper:
2 shades of blue cardstock - without glitter like in birthday version & you can see the lt blue

Fiskars 1 1/2" scallop circle punch
Hero Arts Message Circles rubber stamp - thank you
making memories hole punch - in 1 1/2" scallop circle tag so ribbon can go thru & be tied
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
mini glue dot - to hold ribbon in place, only have a few left so need to get more,
bought these at Hobby Lobby, went to Michaels today and they only had the large size
so I need to go to Hobby Lobby soon
Scotch ATG adhesive - bought some more adhesive with the Michael's 50% off coupon
Spool O' Ribbon white ribbon - each has a different length of ribbon, now out

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for this delightful post! What a fun and creative birthday celebration! Lovely daughter,too!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice thank you cards! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures of your lovely daughter- they do grow up fast don't they- my youngest will be 20 in January- I still remember when the candle was a "2"! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in on the thankful Thursday Challenge. I love that package card and your daughter is adorable
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Thank you cards are mailed. Updated post with an additional photo of daughter celebrating her birthday with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really got some beautiful projects on your blog. I was wondering if you'd like to follow one another's blogs. I'd love to have you visit mine, take a look, and let me know if you're interested. I also wanted to let you know about another great challenge blog. It's Word Art Wednesday (wordartwednesday.blogsot.com) and you can win some great prizes. Hope you will play along! Hope to see you soon.
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are just gorgeous great idea too
    bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my new blog friend. I just came by and became a follower here. Something evidently went wrong when you tried to follow me. It didn't work, and I don't have you as a follower yet. I hope you will come back and give it another try!!! I'm also super excited that you're going to play along at Word Art Wednesday. YAY!

    Talk with you soon, and I'm excited for your next post.
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I can see why your daughter enjoys her birthday! I love that owl bag by the way! Super cute! You're a GREAT mom! ♥ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. ty, we make sure with her bday being so close to Christmas that it gets a celebration worthy of a birthday and we also celebrate her half birthday in Jun, her fav Christmas present was the black Peacoat I got for her online at JCPenney that was part of the Black Friday Sale but I was able to order on Thanksgiving and have it shipped to store for pickup so no postage, coat was reg $200 on sale at JCPenney for $49 and same coat sale price at Macy's was $100 and she also liked a scarf I crocheted her which came as a surprise because she thought I was making it for myself, her fav birthday present was a set of 4 books that I ordered from Barnes & Noble

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Melissa! Glad your daughter had a fun birthday! My oldest has her bday next week, so I understand about wanting to make the Winter babies feel special. :)

    Thanks for coming to visit my blog today! And thank you for the compliment on my projects. I designed the charger plate on my Gypsy using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, cut it after placing the corresponding colors on the mat, then I used transfer tape to transfer the middle tree design and family name onto the charger. The circles I placed by hand onto the charger. If you need more details or have questions, email me at cricutcrazed@comcast.net.

    Blessings on your 2012!! ~Jen
    http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday, Melissa!! It looks like you had a fun celebration for her!! I know how hard it is to have a birthday so close to Christmas...mine is five days before. My parents were always very careful making sure to celebrate each separately, too!!

    I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a very safe, happy and prosperous New Year!!

    Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shape cards, such a great way to say thank you! I hope she had a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am your magic genie. You requested a tutorial to show you how to fold the New Year's Eve Party Favors (from the Cricut Circle blog). I didn't see one up there, so I made one :) : http://lemondropmemories.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-video-tutorial-how-to-do-alternate.html (sorry it’s late)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are neat shaped cards. I love the colors.

    hattieshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete