Tabs at Top of Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Crocheted Christmas Poinsettia CD Doily

Crocheted this Christmas Poinsettia Doily using
Christmas Craft yarn & a used CD in the center.
Photographed it with a Christmas Carousel music
tin from 2008.














Entering this into the following challenge:

Decorate to Celebrate Christmas Party Decor unlim entries 2nd entry ends 12/13
welcome to new challenge at decorate to celebrate


Doily measures 7" round

used CD

Leisure Arts Christmas Doily pattern (do not have the pattern # since I made copies of the pages of the pattern booklet and used the copy and the pattern booklet is tucked away somewhere)
Red Heart Holiday Craft Yarn: green (has silver sparkly thread) & tan (has gold sparkly thread)
2 parts made (bottom is all tan which I did not photograph) and I stitched the 2 parts together with single crochet stitch

14 comments:

  1. beautiful work thanks for joining us at decorate to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is great. Thanks for playing along with us at Decorate to Celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous project, Melissa! Is there nothing you can't do...cards, scrapbooking, calligraphy, crochet?! This is beautiful :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. And she crochets too! Great project! I have a brother that may be moving to Dallas with his family in the coming year- his work wants to transfer him.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa been a while since I crochet love what you did. I want to make some snowflakes for a card or two. Thanks for letting me know what stamp set that bird was from when I first started getting things I did keep track now it's hard to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first hobby passion, crochet, I enjoy when I'm watching tv or riding somewhere and hubby is driving.

    I used the same bird stamp in Christmas Partridge in Pear Tree Card and the stamp is from 2 yrs ago (I got mine from Crafty Steals with a couple others at a wonderful reduced price):
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com/2011/10/christmas-partridge-in-pear-tree-card.html
    I keep my stamps sorted in 2 storage ways:
    some are in notebooks in plastic sleeves and others are in IRIS cases that I buy at Michaels like I did on Sat after Thanksgiving for $2.99 each. I keep the part that has the brand name, number & title of stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting idea to crochet around a CD. Do you use it as a hot pad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot use it as a hotpad for 2 reasons: one being that the yarn is acrylic and not cotton so it would burn and other is that the CD inside would melt if something hot was placed on it. Use it for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty!! You make me want to get out my crochet hooks again- I wish there were more hours in the day for all of the crafts I love :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Melissa another amazing project! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah I wish I knew how to crochet! Love the candles on the previous post and your doily! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm visiting from DTC and this is such a neat project and a great way to recycle!!!

    ReplyDelete