Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Aspen Canyon Ranch Skeet Shooting Horseback Scrapbook Layout

Decided to think outside the sport box so to speak when I
chose to create a scrapbook layout for the Bitten by the
Bug 2 Sports Theme challenge.

In Summer of 2005 my family enjoyed a Summer vacation
week at Aspen Canyon Ranch, a Dude Ranch, in CO.

One sport "Annie Oakley" Melissa enjoyed was Skeet
Shooting. I hit one clay pigeon. Had not done skeet shooting
since my younger days when I was growing up on E c
oast of FL.

Other sport Cowgirl Melissa enjoyed was horseback riding on
the trails.
Each person was assigned a horse, mine being Duchess,
and you rode that same horse every day so you got to know the
horse quite well.



















Closeup:















Entering this into the following challenge:

Bitten by the Bug 2 "Sport-tastic" ends 12/23
A New Contest from My Pink Stamper


Old West Cricut cartridge 1 1/4" horseshoes

Paper:
12" x 12" Base K & Company Cowboy Flat Paper
cardstock: brown, gray & red

calligraphy journaling on the photo mat areas
Sizzix die cuts: boots & hat

not sure where I got the CO letters from, they were in my scrapbook stash

9 comments:

  1. What a fun layout that matches a fun day! Great work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice layout, I love your background paper. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stylish-- I have always been fascinated by cowboys..
    And waiting to see your paperbook tree. Great minds think alike! I made one from a magazine and then I misplaced our spray paint can-- always searching for things at our home!! Yest night I rediscovered the paint can!!So now have a half done project at home.
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Melissa! You are quite the cowgirl! Great layout! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice lay-out! Neat paper!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout love he paper Have a very Merry Christmas.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool layout! Love the paper, so perfect. Sounds like a fun vacation. I'd love to try skeet shooting. Thanks for joining the contest at BBTB2 and best of luck. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great layout!! I just love that fun background paper. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout ! I love the theme ! Super cute paper too ! Thanks for joining the contest at BBTB2 !

    ReplyDelete