Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gypsy security breach

When I turned on my Gypsy this morning the following
appeared on my Gypsy screen:

Gypsy has detected a security breach and will shut down.
If you find this to be in error contact provocraft.com/gypsy

code 2

Has anyone else had this problem?

I phoned ProvoCraft 1-800-937-7686 and spoke to a
woman named Gena who stepped me thru checking
out my Gypsy using my laptop. Downloaded & exceuted
the Gypsy Sync software. had done this with my former
Dell laptop but had not done so with my new Toshiba
laptop that my hubby gave me for Mother's Day when
my Dell laptop bit the dust. My Gypsy would not respond
properly to restarting it in normal mode so Gena looked
up my Gypsy warranty info and it was still under warranty.
I had bought my Gypsy Oct last yr 2010. She said that I
would receive an email with a FedEx return postage
mailing label to print and mail back the Gypsy along with
the 4 chords. She said to keep the stylus & slip cover.
She said they would issue a new one with me same
serial number and it would have the additional cartridges
on it that I had received by buying it during a promotion
last Oct. She said that it would take 4-6 wks before I
would receive a new one.

Last night I had made a Hello Kitty Halloween project on
the Gypsy and now have to create it the old fashioned
way, the non-Gypsy way.

6 comments:

  1. What a bad way to start out your morning! I'm sorry this happened to you. I don't have a Gypsy yet but have been thinking of getting one. I've heard many people say they have had an issue so I've been hesitant. Well, for the next 4-6 weeks welcome back to the old school club! :)

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had this happen- sorry it happend to you. Hopefully it will get fixed and you'll have it back soon. Let us know how you made out :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had this problem either, but appreciate the head's up. Hopefully it won't take that long to get it back. I'm sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had this happen, either. I just used mine today and it seemed fine. I haven't updated mine in a while...I'd better do it before something happens to it!

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has happened to me & I am sure my warranty is out. I have used it maybe a dozen times in 3 or 4 years. Thought I would try again to be more productive at an upcoming crop. Guess that is out!
    Booooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This happened to me when I tried to load the updates on so I could link my new cartridges. I had heaps of saved files ready for a crop. I've lost everything because the computer wouldn't back it up and the restore as per Provocrafts instructions, did not work either. I'm finding it hard to phone them because I live in Australia and the time difference is completely opposite, unless I get up in the early hours of the morning, then I'll be too tired to make sense of what they are saying. I've emailed twice and they came back with the same standard email instructions. I'm sure mine is out of warranty as well.

    ReplyDelete