Created this Shaker Style card with a Bee Love theme.
Card is A2 size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
1. Stamp Hero Arts Bees with VersaFine Onyx Black ink on medium yellow cardstock
2. Heat emboss w/ clear embossing powder the Bees
3. Cut out the Bees with HA die (next time I'll add white to the wings)
4. Emboss a light yellow cardstock with Tim Holtz honeycomb embossing folder.
5. Use TH Distress ink black soot on the embossing
6. Cut out shaker style center & recycled plastic piece with Spellbinder octagon die.
7. Using a separate piece of cardstock cut out an octagon one size up cut out in previous step (step 6).
8. Turn the embossed piece over that is to bee the front and use red tape to attach the plastic piece to back of the turned over piece.
9. Cut pieces of foam adhesive to place on the edge of the plastic piece (remember that this is the back of the plastic)
10. Place 2 Bees & 3 gold sequins in the plastic area.
11. Tape the piece cut out from front (in step 6) to the piece cut out in step7.
12. Peel off the removable paper from foam adhesive and place the completed piece from step 11 over the plastic area that has the Bees & sequins inside of.
13. Add ribbon to top front of card
14. Stamp Cardz TV sentiment w/ VersaFine Onyx Black ink
15. Heat emboss sentiment w/ clear embossing powder
15. Cut out sentiment w/ Spellbinder banner die
16. Add sentiment tag to the front of card
17. Attach embossed layer front to black cardstock base
embossing: Stampendous Kaleidoscope emb powder
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
machine: Sizzix BIGkick
paper: cardstock - black, yellows
recycle: plastic from a pkg
Spellbinder: Nest Classic Octagons Shape Ribbon Banner
stamp: Cardz TV "Birds and Bees" - sentiment
stamp/die: Hero Arts Garden Flowers Set - Bees
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - black soot Embossing - Honeycomb emb folder
Entering this into the following challenges:
3/17 Simon Says Stamp Wed Things That Fly 5E(#2) 3/11
3/19 A Blog Named Hero Ch Bright & Bold 5E(#2) combtot5ch 3/10
3/20 Hero Arts Nature Ch UE 2/2
4/2 Red Carpet Studio RCS#93 Public Enemies 3E(#1) tot4combch 3/1
distressing - Tim Holtz Distress Ink black soot on embossed honeycomb