Welcome to What's Happening Thursday. I'm Melissa, nickname "Sunshine HoneyBee", an independent Close To My Heart CTMH Consultant/Maker, and I want to share what's happening on Thursday.
Please check out my CTMH site and order wonderful items like what I use. Please let me know if you found this helpful. If you know of any corrections that need to be made please let me know.
What's Happening Thurs 5/6:
This is Part 2 (Part 1 was the Supplies List which you can see below) of how to make a Hinged Butterfly
1. Cut 1 of each of the Butterfly Layers with Butterfly Layer dies #CC52115 or You Are Enough Workshop Product Bundle #CC52118
(top will be referred to as A, next layer referred to as B)
Next layer B
2. Cut 3 of the outline die with white in my case 3 of the Butterfly outline
(these will be referred to as X, Y, Z)
X Y Z
3. Attach A onto B using adhesive or glue.
4. Attach stacked AB to X using adhesive or glue
5. Take the 3" wide acetate, score it at 1 1/2", fold & crease.
6. Cut the folded creased acetate into two 1/4" or 1/2" strips.
7. Attach dbl sided adhesive to front of acetate.
8. Peel & attach acetate with adhesive to back of X
9. Attach Y (this is to cover up the first part of the acetate) to stacked ABX with adhesive or glue
10. Attach adhesive to acetate side that is not back
(referred to inside) and stack Z (this is the part you can write a sentiment inside) on ABXY
11. With Stack ABXYZ peel & put the acetate down on Z
12. Ready for putting on a card
Supplies List to Make a Hinged Card
die - shape with cutouts & shape with outline
(butterfly, heart, etc.)
cardstock/paper: white (enough to make 3 of shape outline),
2 different colors (for top & next layer of shape)
acetate - 3" wide recycled from a pkg or bought
trimmer - I use a guillotine style since it cuts acetate better
scoreboard & scoring tool (bone folder)
adhesive - dbl sided 1/4" (glue can be used but I found
dbl sided tape works better)
optional: embossing folder and/or stamp to decorate
card base before attaching hinged shape
2. Close To my Heart CTMH May-Jun catalog available
3. Bitten By The Bug 2
Star Wars May the Force/Fourth Be With You Challenge
ends 5/9, prize - pieces of the project I made for challenge,
your choice to either assemble yourself or have me
assemble. I'll mail to you.
Click here to enter.
4. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms including Dog Moms & Cat Moms. My dogs went to day camp, Camp Bow Wow, yesterday and created wonderful art work with paw print and ink. I'll photo & post next Thurs 5/13.
The Close To My Heart CTMH May-Jun catalog and new Core Sept 2020 - Aug 2021 catalog are available. My CTMH website link is below or
you can click on my right sidebar where it indicates CTMH. I will send a
free stamp set/die set I have from my extras (unused) if you place an order of
$30 or more. Please email me if you do order so I can give you a choice
as to free stamp even though I do get notified if you place an order.
Also, I'm a Cricut affiliate and you can order from Cricut.com by
clicking the Cricut icon on my right side bar.
My CTMH website:SunshineHoneyBee.closetomyheart.com
Comments are moderated/approved due to spam before appearing.
CHNC May Pattern Ch 5/31
Simon Mon Ch Feminine 4/5 5/9
Simon Wed Ch Feminine 2/5 5/11